Windows XP SP2 Rolling Out

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windows XP SP2 Rolling Out

Post by Apoptosis »

A random source (thanks) passed this e-mail to me about Windows XP Service Pack 2.
Dear Valued Customer,

We understand that you have faced significant desktop security challenges in the last several months. That’s why, as part of our ongoing security initiative, we’ve developed Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) with Advanced Security Technologies. SP2 includes new proactive security technologies, improved manageability of security infrastructure and more secure user experiences, and is designed to help your company run the most secure Windows XP environment available.

SP2 is scheduled to release to manufacturing this Wednesday, August 4th 2004 and I wanted to inform you that you and your staff will be able to download SP2 from the Microsoft Download Center on the next day. Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/technet/winxpsp2/ on or after Thursday August 5th, 2004 for more information.

I also wanted to inform you that we will begin enabling distribution of Service Pack 2 through Automatic Update on a limited basis immediately upon the release. This does mean that if users in your organization have Automatic Update enabled on their PCs that they may be updated to SP2 as quickly as this week.

If like most IT organization, you are planning a structured roll-out of SP2, I recommend that you use Active Directory Group Policy or scripting to turn off Automatic Updates for your managed PC users. For unmanaged PCs, you should notify your users to either ensure that Automatic Update is not enabled on their systems or instruct them not to accept the request for installing SP2 when they are notified that the software has been downloaded on their PC.

We are confident that Windows XP Service Pack 2 is a significant step forward in helping increase the resiliency of your desktops and we look forward to partner with you and your team to ensure a successful rollout of SP2 in your organization.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I got something simular to that this week in beta mail, but I'm not holding my breath.................. :shock: But it might just make it, testing has been going very very well.......... :D
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

I read just today, on a Hungarian IT news portal, that SP2 will be delayed some more, due to some incomptibilities with some other MS software...We'll see :)

A link to the Inq
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

It's not up yet.......but it's still pretty early............I checked at 5:30 my time.......... :shock:
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

It's delayed again.............who would of guessed.......... :twisted:

Microsoft has again delayed a long-awaited update to Windows XP, citing quality concerns.

http://news.com.com/Windows+XP+update+d ... g=nefd.top
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Im Shocked :shock: <-- see.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I just got a email from the beat program again today asking for address corrections so they can ship me my copy............who knows when they will ship it though............ :shock:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

geez