Yahoo sucks!!!!

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Yahoo sucks!!!!

Post by LVCapo »

Well, i get up this morning and try to log into my account to check the news, my email, and my last place fantasy football team....and my account doesn't work. Seems someone gained access to my Yahoo account somehow and changed my password.
I thought it was a mistake, so I reset my account with the same password. Came home tonight, and someone had not only changed my password, but also managed to change my personal information so i can't access anything.....real nice.
Anyway, I'm definitely on the "Boycott Yahoo" ship, this is only the latest ina long series of problems I've had with their crappy service....Anyone else have issues with Yahoo, i seriously be interested in hearing them
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

About the same thing happened to me several years ago when I lived in Colorado. I ended up switching ISPs to AOL till I moved out here to MO. Now I've got the crapy old Direcway satellite internet............. :shock: It seems pretty secure, but the speed and bandwidth limits really suck.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

I'm in one of the groups on yahoo. We've been having a lot of trouble lately with people not being able to access the messages, and we filled up our picture quota, so Yahoo not only just locked it so we can't add pictures, but we also can't even get into the file to see them. The moderator is dragging her feet about deleting the pictures. But, yeah. We've been having a lot of trouble lately with the messages being unaccessible.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Now my gmail account is gone. Anyone with an extra please let me know
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

sounds like it might be time for a new password.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

capper i got a few left if u want any mate?
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Thanks guys, this whole thing is very suspicious. i lost my yahoo account, whoever did this managed to delete it before i could do anything. I was actually logged into my earthlink account when they tried to do the same there, and I was able to recover my g-mail account....anyway, I changed all my passwords, can't really understand why someone would do this though. i appreciate the offers and help.....now, if i can just find out who it is!!!!
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Sounds like you've got some sort of tracking spyware on your system and they are trying to get all your ID info. If you were/are using the same computer to do any online busness, I'd change those passwords also and keep a close eye on your credit card charges just to be safe.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

Also contact Earthlink and Yahoo and give them a heads up on what is happening and have them delete your accounts asap.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

no virus, no spyware, nothing!!!! Thats simple stuff and probably the first thing I did. I figure its someone who knows me or something. I just hope I'm able to find out who it is.....
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

Was your password something easy that anyone who knew you well enough could figure out? My first instinct was that it was someone who knew you was being an ass. I hope your password now is a lot more difficult to figure out!

Did you ever get your gmail invite? If not, PM me your email and I'll send you one.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

My first instinct was that it was someone who knew you was being an ass
Was that a fruedian slip or what!!!!! :axe:
No excuses coming from our senior "editor" :lol:
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

capper5016 wrote:No excuses coming from our senior "editor" :lol:
Hey, I spelled it correctly. I edit reviews, not this forum. :roll:
eric m.
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by eric m. »

i had problems a few years ago with my yahoo account. someone managed to get into my account and change my password. i used my secret hint to find out what password they used which was something random like "plastictree98". so i changed my password to something different with more characters that was not like my original and so far no one has been able to gain access.

but rich, it sounds like your problem is more direct and malicious. if you still need another gmail account let me know. i have a couple invites left. just make sure to use another password. this is pretty sad but it can happen sometimes. the worst thing is that we do so much online that when people get access to our passwords, it can literally ruin our lives.
P4C800-E dlx â–‘ 3.2e @4ghz â–‘ 9600XT â–‘ 510 deluxe PSU â–‘ danger den â–‘ hyperX
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

It took almost a week, but i was able to recover my Yahoo and Earthlink accounts. My feeling is that someone who knows me did this, which bugs me an awful lot. Obviously I said or did something to really anger someone......that being the case, I wish the person had just said something to me instead of doing something like this.
I would have lost my Earthlink account forever had I not been logged into yahoo and gotten the email that my information had been changed.....A good lesson for everyone though, have more than one password, and change them often. You never think about it until something like this happens
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Its a good idea to have various levels of passwords.

for example i have:
junk web sites
email/forum
work
banking/cell phone/bills
system
admin/root

While I should really have a different password for every account I’m not that freaking smart. But buy having a password for each level of importance I can ensure that if anyone does crack a password they only have access to that level. The other thing that I use is substitution in my passwords. Dictionary attacks are very powerful so you should always use more than one word and you should always use letter number combinations.

For example if I was using legitforums.com as a start for my password it might look something like

L3jit4UmsDTcom

by substituting numbers in l33t and letters for letters with the same sounds, and by omitting some sounds, as well as using capitalization I have created a very hard to crack password. By making legitforums.com my pneumonic device (some thing that helps you remember something else) there is less of a chance that I will forget the password.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Infinite....you're talking to a guy that has a hard time remembering his own phone number or even finding his way around town!!!!! Which is why my wife keeps dropping me off in different places, probably in the hopes I won't find my way back!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

LOL!!

edit: how embarrassing is it to have your 800th post be so pointless. o well
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

i know this is a bit late in the conversation... but I still have several gmail invites if anyone here needs them!