More Details on Firefox 1.1 Plan

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

More Details on Firefox 1.1 Plan

Post by Apoptosis »

Here is a quote from Ben Goodger (the lead engineer for Mozilla Firefox).
I've updated the Roadmap with more detail on the 1.1 Plan... please note the bolded sections about naming and dates.

And, to correct a common misconception: Firefox 1.1 and onwards is developed off the same trunk codebase as other Gecko based apps such as Mozilla 1.8, Camino etc. Residual changes from the long lived Aviary development branch (5/15/2004-11/9/2004 and on for point releases for Firefox 1.0) have been merged back into the main line development trunk and all future releases will happen off of that. While we will branch for stability for future releases, we will try to avoid future development branches.

Also, the slippage from March is not due to my move to Google, it is due to us needing to ensure the 1.1 release is of identical quality and scope as the 1.0 release - that means a period of testing, the localization system needs to be brought back online, etc. These things are done by more people than just myself, so quit with the wacky speculation.
we will quit with the wacky speculation and wait on Firefox 1.1 to come out like good little boys/girls i suppose. :rolleyes:

Quote from Ben's Weblog
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

I hope that firefox continues to make strong inroads on the browser market. I must say i hate it when i go to a website that is IE specific it makes me want to slap lazy frontpage web devlopers.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"