dvd won't play

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
billc
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

dvd won't play

Post by billc »

I have burned DVDS' on a Super Writemaster and they work fine on my DVDplayer here at home, but won't be recognized or play on some other DVD players . I'm burning on a Maxell DVD-R could that be the issue?
billc
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: dvd won't play

Post by Major_A »

We need more info. What are you burning? What won't they play in, computer other DVD player?

Are you burning XviD/DivX files directly to the disc? If that's the case you might have a DivX DVD player and the others aren't.
billc
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by billc »

I'm burning video from a Sony Handycam DCR SX63
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Also look up the model numbers of your players that are giving you fits and see if they're compatible with the -R discs.

Just to clarify, the ones that won't play, do they recognize the disc at all and stutter or skip or just flat out won't recognize the disc?
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

One more thing, are you using Sony's software to burn the disc? If so have you looked for an update of the software on Sony's website? The best video to DVD converter I've run across is ConvertXToDVD.
http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/
This software runs circles around Nero's Vision. While it might not be as core aware (uses all your CPU cores) it is 10x faster. Rarely has it let me down. FYI, this is what I use to burn Sony Handycam files to DVD. The only downside to this software is it converts everything to SD format. There isn't an option to burn it to Blu Ray yet. Though, most people don't have Blu Ray burners.