BootRacer v3.0 Final (12-22-10)

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

BootRacer v3.0 Final (12-22-10)

Post by Major_A »

Description:
BootRacer is a Windows boot speed meter. Race your Windows boot using BootRacer and look at the result boot rating. If your rating is not good or an excellent, you need speed up your Windows startup. BootRacer is an easy in everyday using and it suites for even novice users. BootRacer can detect the time to user logon and the full computer boot time. Also BootRacer writes results to the Windows event log and calculates the best boot time. BootRacer uses minimum of your computer resources.
Changelog:
* New method of calculating "time to desktop" – Desktop Ready. The method is based on the desktop response time. It does not CPU meter related. A user is able to start a program from Windows desktop or from start menu.
* Measure the user logon waiting time (logon timeout) under Windows Vista/Seven.
* User login/logoff detection. User switching is supported.
* Running under non-administrator accounts.
* New design.
* New history report with ability exporting to the HTML, DOC, Excel, CSV formats.
* Added ability to collect reports in the MySQL and Oracle databases – BootRacer Enterprise.
Download:
http://www.greatis.com/bootracer_free_300.zip
http://www.majorgeeks.com/BootRacer_d6454.html

You guys getting shiny new SSD boot drives from Santa can see how much faster your system boots with this app.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: BootRacer v3.0 Final (12-22-10)

Post by Sparky »

Just built my new rig with an Intel X25-M SSD, can't wait to try this out later today.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I'd try it but my two machines running Windows 7 have become slow. One machine takes over 3 minutes to start and the other is well over a minute. Don't really know what's causing it.
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

You know my HTPC has always taken for ever to start. I just upgraded the mobo, CPU, HDD and video card and it still takes forever to boot. The common things is the case and that both mobo were gigabyte boards. I put a SDD in it and it still takes forever. Maybe I'll give this a try.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

OK, got 17 seconds with my new SSD, old rig with WD Caviar Black 1TB got 34 seconds.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Nice! My main complaint about loading an app is Photoshop. Loading seems to go on forever, though CS5 x64 is worlds faster than CS4. CS3 was the absolute worst.