SiSoft

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

SiSoft

Post by DragonFury »

Ok this is starting to get on my nerves. I recently picked me up a X79 motherboard with a 3820 CPU, I am currently running 8 gigs (4x 2 gig) of memory on it and when I try to run Sisoft for a memory bandwidth test it stays @ 16% and does not move. AT first I thought is was memory, so I tried it on a different machine with same exact settings 1866Mhz with 9-9-9-24 timings, runs fine. put it back in the X79 board SiSoft stays @ 16%. I de clocked the memory to Intel specs 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 timings voltage @ 1.65 Volts. (auto the timings and freqs) and it SiSoft hangs up @ 16%, tried different versions of SiSoft, same thing. it is not the memory causing the issue, why is SiSoft being a pain in the butt....... The only way fo rme to guage my performance of new machine (base performance I need to us a program that everyone else uses.) All other benchmarking programs in SiSoft works fine, just not the bandwidth.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SiSoft

Post by Apoptosis »

what version of Sandra are you running? I've run that program for a long time and never had it hung on anything like that.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

The newest one 1852, and a couple of older versions down to the 2011 sp5 (1780 i think) I have had this happen once before but I can't remember for the life of me how I fixed it. And I really do not want to reinstall windows, but if that is the way to fix it I will do that, I tried Aida 64 and 0 issues. Ram RamDisk and again no issues regarding the memory stability.
Mini ME
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

apprently the board dont like a particular set of memory, took out 2 of the sticks and SiSoft works perfectly.
Mini ME
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

I would start running memtest on each stick of memory and see if it throws errors. Could be bad DIMMs or slots
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I will ahve to do that. but it reads the memory fine 8 gigs is 8 gigs also reads timings correctly, and runs perfectly fine on all my prgrams (so far) with no issues, just does not run SiSoft properly which is really strange.
Mini ME
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Do any other applications lockup? If it's only SANDRA then I'd put the RAM back in. There are a lot of alternatives to SANDRA, some better, some worse.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

Ok I am now at a complete loss. After cranking this motherboard and CPU to 5GHz and set the memory to 1866 MHz (or there abouts) I decided to rerun SiSoft and see how things are working (I figured if it is dead might as well finish it off the proper way, DEATH BY OVERCLOCKING), low and behold damn thing worked like there was nothing ever wrong with it.

I have messed with a lot of different systems, countless motherboards, CPU's, and the likes. I have seen a lot of different things happen with computers, and some of these things were rather strange, but this one is clearly the strangest one to date.
Mini ME