What's in your computer? If you're like most of us, you can probably name the processor (Intel or AMD, Celeron or Pentium), maybe how much RAM it has, and maybe how big the hard drive is.
When you go to a computer store and see all the bright shiny PCs laid out next to each other, most will have tags or stickers indicating the:
Processor brand and model
Hard drive size and speed
Amount of memory (RAM)
Two or three years later, when it comes time to upgrade your computer, that tag or sticker may be long gone. Speccy was designed as a free electronic "what's inside" sticker for your PC.
v1.17.340 (11 Jul 2012)
- Added Computer type (Desktop, Laptop) to Operating System section.
- Updated CPU detection for latest Intel Core i7 models.
- Improved compatibility with LGA 2011 motherboards.
- Added external drive information to Peripherals.
- Improved detection of Sharing and Discovery for printers.
- Improved exception handling.
- Added language support for Kurdish.
- Minor tweaks and fixes.
v1.16.317 (01 Mar 2012)
- Added Windows 8 beta support.
- Rearchitecting data loading order.
- Improved exception handling for CPU and GFX sections.
- Improved detection of Admin Shares.
- Improved bug data collection and reporting.
- Fixed minor GUI issues.
v1.15.309 (24 Jan 2012)
- Added list of Admin Shares.
- Added Simple File Sharing detection.
- Added Firewall rules to Network.
- Improved detection of OCZ SSD drives.
- Improved detection of ATI graphics cards.
- Fixed bug on XP caused by disabled IPv6.
- Added keyboard support to the Find dialog.
- Updated hardware compatibility list.
- Minor bug fixes.