Question regarding saving program files

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!
Keith
Legit User
Legit User

Question regarding saving program files

Post by Keith »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes:

I have been downloading photoshop and Lightroom software from adobe. It is literally taking days to complete. Is there any way that I can save these files to an external hard drive so that I won't have to go thru this again if my laptop fails? IF so, how would I go about it?

I'm running windows 8.

Thanks
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Question regarding saving program files

Post by Major_A »

Just save the installer package.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

If it is an automated installer that you download a smaller file and then it download the big file, it would be a bit difficult to save the big file. If you download the huge file directly then you can do just like the Major said, save to an external drive or you can burn to a dvd/bluray for storage too.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
viv_smith
Legit User
Legit User

Post by viv_smith »

it was possible to keep both installation packages a couple of years ago... unfortunately, since adobe released adobe creative cloud, now there is a single installer, which gives you access to all adobe programs...
Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.
Upcoming iOS/Android games for 2015.
maryschreffler2019
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by maryschreffler2019 »

Major_A wrote: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:22 am Just save the installer package.
Saving the installer package won't work if computer crash. You can easily loose all or part of information saved on hard.
AdrianG001
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AdrianG001 »

Keith wrote: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:04 am I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes:

I have been downloading photoshop and Lightroom software from adobe. It is literally taking days to complete. Is there any way that I can save these files to an external hard drive so that I won't have to go thru this again if my laptop fails? IF so, how would I go about it?

I'm running windows 8.

Thanks
You can simply copy the installation file which will be .exe file. Also check if you internet speed is good enough for faster download speed.

Regards,
Adrian