AMD Phenom II Black Edition TWKR Edition Processors!

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Phenom II Black Edition TWKR Edition Processors!

Post by Apoptosis »

AMD just dropped off some fresh TWKR Black Edition Phenom II chips over at MainGear PC this morning. AMDs didn’t tell them much about the new mysterious CPU other than it should overclock really well and are essentially hand picked and binned Phenom II X4 955 processors.
amd_twkr_cpu.jpg
amd_twkr_cpu.jpg (29.73 KiB) Viewed 9254 times
amd_twkr2.jpg
amd_twkr2.jpg (34.26 KiB) Viewed 9257 times
A Phenom II X4 processor without a model number? TWKR? What does it all mean? Well, AMD culled these parts from their Phenom II X4 line that are supposed to overclock beyond the capabilities of the Phenom II X4 955. They hand delivered these parts to us and we’re going to put them through the ringer. Will they come out the other side as something truly special? Should Dirk Meyer sign these before we put them in a system? We’ll let you know as soon as we put them through our brutal Redline validation process…
Source 1, 2
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Gomeler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: AMD Phenom II Black Edition TWKR Edition Processors!

Post by Gomeler »

These chips are what I used at AMD in Austin, they are the chips you want if you are serious about overclocking. Now time to ask AMD for a few :supz:
3DMark06 Addict

FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by FeRaL »

I just saw this over at Fudzilla... AMD Phenom II X4 905e, 4x 2.50GHz, TDP 65W

http://buy.fudzilla.com/a429763.html

I wonder how these will OC?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

FeRaL wrote:I just saw this over at Fudzilla... AMD Phenom II X4 905e, 4x 2.50GHz, TDP 65W

The 905e and 705e are only available to system builders in Japan... Not supposed to ever be a part you can order online
Follow Me on Twitter!
ratNukit
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ratNukit »

Apoptosis wrote:
FeRaL wrote:I just saw this over at Fudzilla... AMD Phenom II X4 905e, 4x 2.50GHz, TDP 65W

The 905e and 705e are only available to system builders in Japan... Not supposed to ever be a part you can order online
The 905e and 705e are listed on more than 30 online stores here in Germany and they got them in stock ready to be shipped.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

ratNukit wrote:
Apoptosis wrote:

The 905e and 705e are listed on more than 30 online stores here in Germany and they got them in stock ready to be shipped.
Strange... I talked to AMD PR here in the US on Thursday night on the phone and they said not to worry about them as they are not US sku's and will be sold in mainly Japan... They should be good little chips that hold people over till the 45W parts come out :shock:
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

More info on TWKR Processors leaked out today:
As I was getting ready to post this information up this morning, I received an e-mail from AMD informing me that disclosing information detailing the speeds and test results of the TWKR chip would be in violation of our mutual NDA. I apologize for this teaser post instead. It seems that AMD does have a plan for this product after all. I will be able to disclose a full report after June 30th. What I can tell you is that the TWKR chip does OC beyond the limits of the 955 BE cpu. Unfortunately, that is also all I can tell you about it. For our test system we’re using the ASUS Crosshair III board and 4GB of Kingston KHX-12800D3K2/4G with a CoolIT Domino A.L.C. cooling unit. I will be giving away one of these special TWKR CPUs to a very lucky winner. Please check back often for instructions on how to enter to win.
img_4845.jpg
img_4845.jpg (177.62 KiB) Viewed 7901 times
Source
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

AMD has said that TWK stands for "Those Who Know". Er...ok, so what's the R for? The answer? "It just makes it a verb that combines TWK with tweaker,"
Follow Me on Twitter!