Next generation "ZEN" chips? New CEO.

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
CoachAub
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Next generation "ZEN" chips? New CEO.

Post by CoachAub »

AMD has transitioned from CEO Rory Read to Lisa Su (formerly COO). Some sources are surprised and think it is a big shakeup. I tend to agree with some others that this was planned and Read was a transitional guy to expand AMD so all their apples were not in the same basket and push it forward, utilizing the successes in Graphics cards and game consoles sales. I've also read that there is true hope in the new CPU designs (x86) coming in another year that will be much more competitive than the FX chip run. We can always hope for their success, regardless of any fanboy status, as Intel is still charging top-dollar for Ivy Bridge chips even after the latest Haswell-E release. UGH. Heck, I bet the i7-990x is still over a thousand dollars.
Rig#1: Intel i5-3570K, MSI-B75MA-P45 mobo, G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 2x4gb, MSI-7870 2gd5t/oc gpu, Tt TR2-600w psu, Tt Commander Snow ed. Case, Cooler Master Hyper212+ HSF, OCZ Agility3 SSD 120GB, WE Caviar Black 750GB
Rig#2: AMD Phenom 2-970, MSI-890FXA-GD-65 mobo, 6GB Geil DDR3-1333, HIS Radeon HD6870 1GB gpu, Antec Quattro-850 psu, Rosewill Conqueror Case, Zalman CNPS-9500 hsf, 1TB Toshiba Sata3 HD
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Next generation "ZEN" chips? New CEO.

Post by Apoptosis »

I can't wait to see how AMD's Project SkyBridge turns out. I believe that Jim Keller is the chief cores architect that is behind Zen. He is the legendary CPU architect Jim Keller who's famous for the original Athlon XP & Athlon64 CPUs. Could he be the secret sauce to bringing AMD back to a competitive level?

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!