Connecting 360 Drive to PC

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
maj0r_pawnage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Connecting 360 Drive to PC

Post by maj0r_pawnage »

Okay, I'm going to give you as much info as possible.

1) I have my 360 all opened up
2) I have a motherboard that has sata ports
3) I have the xecuter connectivity kit
4) I have a samsung drive
5) I made the bootable floppy correctly and put on the two files
5) When i boot with the floppy inserted (with other drives/attached) it says the drive is found but gives me "Port If0, Master/Slave:a0" when i press 1 to select master
6) When i take everything out execpt my floppy drive/samsung drive it says "no drive found"(i disabled everything but floppy/samsung drive in bios)
7) I'm wondering why i have to connect my power cable to my 360? cant i just use power from the PC, if power is the only thing its gettin from the 360 than it shouldnt make any difference right?
8) This was my set up samsung drive attached to a sata cable plugged into the SATA1 port, w the power plug plugged into the xecuter kit and a 4pin power cable plugged into that with the mode button pushed down (red led on).
9) Also, i cant seem to boot into windows with the drive plugged into my PC (it will post but just get a - on the top left hand of the screen and it wont go away)

The reason im posting here(im aware this is not a 360 or a modding site) is because its my last resort, no one responded to any one of my other posts so i thought i might try it. here.
I think i have narrowed it down to my motherboard not being able to see the dvd drive even with the connectivity kit, some people said if i get a promise PCI SATA card it will work but there are so many different versions and prices i honestly have no idea which to get.

http://www.biline.ca/360_sata.htm <--- Theres the link to the compatablity chart thingy

Thanks for any help you can give
E6300 @ 3.51GHz 1.392v
Asus Maximus Formula
Antec 550Watt Psu
Mushkin DDR-1206@ 5-5-5-15 / 2.28v
Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS7700
6408800GTS(OC 691MHz Core/2.132GHz Mem)
2x80mm case fans +2x120mm case fans
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Connecting 360 Drive to PC

Post by kappage »

some eye candy would be nice :) :) :)
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real