Noob to this!! please help out

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Noob to this!! please help out

Post by hercules71185 »

I've learned a GREAT deal of stuff on my own about computers through the helps of yourselves and other things google helps with. But, the thing I never cared about was.. My computer case. I'm starting off cheap to keep my budget pc under 500 dollars. ( I'm doing this just to show off to people that my 500 dollar computer spanks theirs) I learned that amd's brisbane 3600 x2 64 is a very good overclocker on air and amazing for the money. 25 dollars after my rebates that took 6 months to come in! Along with ddr2 800 the ability to overclock and just have to lower your memory speed to do so. Sata hard drive makes stuff open save and transfer faster and passwird.com always has deals on them in this case 500gb for 65 dollars. you get the idea I had a fast pc and it was well under 500 dollars.. NOW

I'm at 290 dollars total for my pc.
I just got the area 51 logysis case.For an additional 60 dollars.I've never done this lighting concept and want to. Don't get me wrong I understand the simplicity mount plug up and bam right. But, Cathode tube lights
Do they emit a blue light in the case if you get a blue light and a red if you get a red light? or can I get a black light version that emits low levels of light but, makes my molex connectors and wire sleeves glow the red color I want them to.
Can I purchase a mini black light and have it run in the case via 4 pin?
I can't seem to find a regular black light to go in the case. I don't want blue or red unless they don't emit much light.
And if I get a red light and things that are red light up red. Will a blue counterpart (such as a concept I might do for my cpu fan) light up blue with the red light?

basically my goal. is to have my blue led eyes in the front of the case as they have. and a side window fan that is blue. BUT, I want the inside of the case to be dark at night and not extremely lit up but, the red connectors wires and back exit fan to be illuminated.

I also am hiding the lights below the cut out of the case and above the side window cut out so that I am able to not see the bright red blue or black light.
To have the eyes in the front of the case blue. The fan on the side window to also be blue.
The interior to be moderately dark aside for the red uv connectors and sleeves.
To have my cpu fan stand out.
My cpu fan is 80mm. Itook a case fan and attached it and it works. So I also will get a fan to be a different color to make this stand out more.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Noob to this!! please help out

Post by bubba »

Think what you are after is a UV cold cathode light, this will light up all the UV reactive stuff in your case the color you want.

http://www.xoxide.com/cathode.html

There are some example pics towards the bottom of the page.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

awesome that is what I'm looking for basically the effect on the bottom. But, I take it the uv lights since we can not see them via the human eye. Altho they claim its very bright. That doesn't mean it emits the light we can see right?
and badges I've searched... EVERYWHERE Where can you get a geforce 8 series badge and a amd x2 64
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

hercules71185 wrote:awesome that is what I'm looking for basically the effect on the bottom. But, I take it the uv lights since we can not see them via the human eye. Altho they claim its very bright. That doesn't mean it emits the light we can see right?
Couldn't say as I have never personally used one in a case, I would think that it would give the same effect as a normal black light (they are the same thing)
hercules71185 wrote:and badges I've searched... EVERYWHERE Where can you get a geforce 8 series badge and a amd x2 64
Couldn't tell ya, most badges that I have collected over the years have come with the stuff I bought, that and I don't use them. I treat them like "steal me" stickers, they just give a quick rundown of whats in the box for a would be thief.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

haha ya thanks a lot I ordered some so I'll keep you posted on what happens with it if you check back in a week. It sucks having to leave town when all your stuff gets in... lol