How To: Mount a fan in extra 5 1/2" bays (Done)

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: How To: Mount a fan in extra 5 1/2" bays (Done)

Post by martini161 »

yeah i know. thats all done with some crappy camera, it would never auto focus, and you couldnt manual focus it either, so i cant really help it :rolleyes:
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

My HP camera seems to do that when I don't use the flash.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Methious wrote:ThermalTake Armor full tower case 250mm side fan? If it is how loud are the interior 120mm fans that came stock? Been looking at that case.
the case fans are very quiet as far as i can tell (droned out by the 45+db fan on the radiator and the 8800gt's fan) you wont really need a fan controller, they are quiet up to the highest steed. i think the specs say something like 20db another nice thing about them is they come with a 3pin connector but only the rpm sensor cable is actually attached to it.
but personally, i would not recomend it except for something like a server. the hdd cages that go on the top are usless to me, but i may use them if i get a 2x120mm rad to mount to the front of my case. the only problem is, im gonna have to rig up some elaborate mounting scheme, because the whole front panel is nothing but 5 1/2" bays ](*,) but if you dont use a disk drive, and you buy 3 of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811999169 you can fit 17 hard drives in there :shock: thats why i recommend it to people as a server case
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

There are several companies that make brackets to mount radiators in 5.25 bays, they are pretty much universal and will fit just about anf radiator or case.

Lian-Li ang Aqua-Computer come to mind at first thought.............. :mrgreen:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ ... s_id=21047

http://www.sharkacomputers.com/aqco5drbayra.html

Pretty easy to make your own as well out of a little "L" channel aluminum ................ 8)
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

thanks bio ive been lookin all over for those. of course you knew where t find them immediatly
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

NP...............I try to keep up a little with what's going on.................. :mrgreen:

But honestly I'd try and make them, it's one heck of a lot cheaper, but you do need to have fairly good dremel skills.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Bio-Hazard wrote:NP...............I try to keep up a little with what's going on.................. :mrgreen:

But honestly I'd try and make them, it's one heck of a lot cheaper, but you do need to have fairly good dremel skills.
which i dont have :lol: or any scrap aluminum