Sleeveing

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
OTIKA
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Sleeveing

Post by OTIKA »

Does anyone have a how to on how to sleeve my PSU? i bought this kit that came with this tool think but it wont seem to work. after about 20 mins of messing with one of the molexs i only got one pin out. the main reason i want to sleeve is because i dont know how but there is one hell of a rats nest as soon as the cables comes out of the box. want to untangle it but cant do that without undoing the molexs. and any tool i need to get the main mobo power out would be great. thanks.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Sleeveing

Post by bubba »

can be done with a staple/paper clip, but your thumbs will be very sore.

The pin has two little barbs that stick out and hold in. The goal is to compress this and shove the pin out the back.

Depending on the tool you have you have to look down in the connector, see the barbs, line the tool up and shove.

First couple are a !@#$ but once you get the hang of it you will fly. I do it now with a small eye glasses screw driver.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
OTIKA
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by OTIKA »

thank you. i got them out. so the black wires are just grounds right? i think i might have switched the order up a lilbit putn them back in on the 8pin power. does that matter or should i just get a new one just to be safe?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Yes the black wires are ground. The lines for the 8 pin is all 12V and they should all go back to the same spot in the PSU so the order shouldn't matter as long as you didn't swap a power for ground.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
OTIKA
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by OTIKA »

ok cool. thats good to know. but i think i might get a new one anyway. go modular. tired of all the extra wires takeing up all of my extra space in my case.