help with netbook OC

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

help with netbook OC

Post by sbohdan »

I had no idea where to post this because this netbook (CTL IL1A) isn't AMD or intel - it's based on VIA (both the CPU and the MOBO). the problem is the lagging speed that really limits this little thing to surfing on the net and even watching youtube is just awful from the lag. I was hoping to OC the CPU (from 1200mhz) and possibly the RAM (1GB single channel)and BUS but bios tweaking is out of question since there are no options there to OC anything. I was hoping to use a windows (XP on this thing) based OC utility that possibly could OC the CPU and anything else. any improvement in speed would be welcome, so I'm waiting for suggestions. I did already all the possible tuneup in windows to speed-up operations (disableing unnecessary services, start-up apps etc.) and it is much better now than after purchase. I think even a 100-200mhz speed bump would make a lot of difference, so I would really appreciate any input, that would give this thing a little more muscle...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: help with netbook OC

Post by kenc51 »

What specific chip set is it running?
Can you post screenshots of the mobo tab from CPUZ?