My computer (work in progress)

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

My computer (work in progress)

Post by DragonFury »

This is a mod I been working off and on for a while now, I had to put it off for a while because of life kinda gotten in the way of things (as it always does from time to time). So I decided to pick up where I left off at. But before I went right into the modding I needed to make sure I was on the right track with my chassis. So it looks like hell right now. I have to wait for things to warm up a bit more and get a replacement chassis so I can finally finish it. I will be repainting this chassis once again because after sitting for a while getting kicked around ruined the finish.

The chassis I am modding is my Cosmos 1000.

this is how it is currently. Told ya it looks like hell.

my window mod I done to the chassis, I cut this out with a jigsaw and then filed it into shape.

I did not like the way Cooler Master did the top buttons and the USB ports, so I decided to add my own flair to it. I will be placing the USB ports on the back removable panel.

This is the removable top back panel, I cut out the center of it and will be adding a deflector and a grill in this area.

But I need to add some plexi glass to the inside so I have something to work off of.

The paint I am going to spraying this chassis is going to be 2 colors, but it will be shifting thru 4 different colors. this is looking at the Green/Purple color paint.

the other color I am using is a Blue/Red paint.

My lighting was not allowing the color shift to the other colors :(.

A quick look at the internals of the chassis. It is a complete mess in there.

Looking at the 6970 video cards with Koolance water blocks. I ran these in parallel with each other. the brass band you see is making sure the two video cards stay together.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: My computer (work in progress)

Post by smack323 »

just an FYI I clicked on one of the pictures and got all kinda virus crap web pages.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
skier

Post by skier »

smack323 wrote:just an FYI I clicked on one of the pictures and got all kinda virus crap web pages.
thas cuz imagshak is rllly gud

but it doesn't use shockwave so it is better than photobuck3t by default

also nice looking system, surprised you went with the cosmos as it's pretty much a classic at this point
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

Thank you, I haven't really seen a chassis that looks good, most are a box with sharp edges. Lian LI, and Silverstone chassis are way out of my price range.....
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....