my latest Creation

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

my latest Creation

Post by DragonFury »

That is exactly what this is now a Creation. With the impending doom of getting another computer system, since I don't have a second chassis floating around I needed to ditch the Cosmos as my primary chassis. In short, I recently purchased a 970 CPU for my primary rig, I am going to trade my i7 930 to my brother for his core i5 750. I know the 930 much more powerful, but it was let him have it then put it to good use or me put it as a HTPC computer which seemed just wrong on so many different levels. It would make a rather good conversational piece for peeps coming over, and a prime example of my Over Built, Over Clocked, Over Powered HTPC.

any who, this is how it looks now. I brought out the Tech Deck and had to make minor changes to it to accommodate my set up.

Looking at the computer from the front, i do need to clean it up a bit as i was in a hurry to get it together.

My triple Swifty rad went back to being my video card rad.

Since I am not using the DD 240GTX rad any more (or wont be needing it) I broke out the hefty hefty (not wimpy wimpy) XSPC Quad 120mm rad for the CPU/IOH/SB water blocks (I told Ya I like to over kill things :) )

An close shot of the components, If you noticed I am not using the standard plastic PCI expansion hold anymore. I opted out of its use (way to damn flemsy) so I made one out of 3/4" x 1/8" aluminum strap and added a bit extra to it to accommodate larger motherboards like I have had to in the past.

The water blocks in use are, 2 x Koolance 697 video card water blocks, 1 x Koolance CPU 360 water block, 1 x EK IOH/SB water block that I slightly modded to accommodate more flow because of the Daisy chaining I am doing with it and the CPU water block.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: my latest Creation

Post by InspectahACE »

Nice...Looks like a Rampage II Extreme board in there
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

ty, yeppers that what it be. figured since i dont have any SATA 6Gb/s drives or USB 3 devices not losing anything so figured run with it.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
xdunaticx
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xdunaticx »

What a monster!