I am building a monster and need help

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
BEan
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

I am building a monster and need help

Post by BEan »

I have already started on a project to combine a game console, pc, chimney blower, and monitor all into one big militarty case. I have a project log here. http://www.twistedforums.com/forums/sho ... php?t=9669
BTW, some of the guys at lacledeslan has seen the crate, ask them about it.

I have a guestion about cd drives. will there be any problems if I mount the dvd drive sideways or sticking streight up (have the drawer pop out from the top)?
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

i wouldnt have thought that would be a problem... just be sure NOT to move it while its playing...
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

playstations have there drives sideways...no problem with them that i know of. dont see why a cd/dvd drive would be any different
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
BEan
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by BEan »

ok what about having pointed streight up
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

BEan wrote:ok what about having pointed streight up
Only problems I ever ran in to were:

1. not enough power in the motor to push the tray straight up - sometimes they worked for a bit, but they would fail ALOT quicker than having it sideways or regular.

2. Discs would fall out when you eject, htey just fell out..lol..wierd but it did happen.

Mike

Why not get a slot load drive, then you can mount it any way you want.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
BEan
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by BEan »

KnightRid wrote:Why not get a slot load drive, then you can mount it any way you want.
That was my first thought, I will also put a Nintendo Wii into this thing and I wanted to keep everything consistant. I haven't seen that many slot loaded dvd burners, do they still make them.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: