How To: Paint Dipping

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
id86
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by id86 »

is this method can be use for flat large surface area?
PCFlip
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: How To: Paint Dipping

Post by PCFlip »

WOW awesome guide, I am soo going to give this a try tomorrow, awesome simply awesome.
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Think this would work for a full case skeleton? or should I drill the rivets and do it one piece at a time?

I'm wanting to paint the skeleton for my EVH case either white or black and this looks like the best (read: easiest) way to go.

BTW why isn't this thread stickied? It's definitely deserving IMO...
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I'd do a piece at a time. To do a whole case would be very tricky, not to mention need one really big bucket.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

That, and if it is not a brand new case there may be areas with dust that you can't reach.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

What do you recommend for parts that need to snap together. Just in case someone wants to know. Say for example you do a computer case. JUST FOR EXAMPLE haha. And your DVD drives are exact, your HD trays are exact, or say even your side panel. Now you dip the trays or panels, and try to put you HD back, maybe your side panel and the paint was just too thick to put it back in place, If the part is flimsy you can't even sand it. IF you make that mistake before reading how can you fix it? Or how can you avoid it?
Because spray paint, if you have no skills on how to keep the can the same distance from the case at all times, then dipping maybe easier or cleaner looking.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

tape that area off, then pull the tape off SLOWLY after the paint is dry. put it all back together then touch up with a small brush the spots you can still see when its put back together.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

Awesome, I think I'd use a razor blade to run down the side of the tape before I'd take it off, but great tutorial.