Holographic Case Mod

Want to show off that smoking system or your latest creation?
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Holographic Case Mod

Post by Alathald »

I just got a good idea for a case mod that I'm going to attempt over my week off of school. I've got an old untouch beige case that is going to be my practice box and I'm going to repaint it and put a hologram in it. It's a fairly simple process to make on, it's just a lengthy one. As I start, I'll try and snap a few pics for you along the way.

If you'd like to try it out as well, check out this site.

I was also thinking about trying this, as it's a little quicker, I just don't feel like tracking down the film plates right now. Also, I don't have a laser with a stabilized frequency output, though I do have a couple old cdrom drives... :snakeman:
In the article they use a Class IIIa diode laser with an output of 3 to 4 mW when operated by 3.0 v dc, maybe I could subsitute the cdrom laser (which I believe is a class II) I'll have to do some research...

Anybody know anything about lasers?
Also has anyone tried something like this before?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Definitely a cool idea, this if done correctly (and correct lighting) would look superb on a case window.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Indignity
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Indignity »

There's been a couple case mods done.. this is one that I've read in the past. Looks cool.

http://www.envador.com/cases/Mysterybox/

This guy's images are all down, but it was very similar: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1019959
Intel Core2Duo e6600 @ 3.78GHz/1.47v n ASUS P5N-E sli n 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2 8500(currently 5-5-5-15-2t) n FSP Group (Fortron) FX Series FX700-GLN-E 700W Power Supply n APEVIA X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL Case n eVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 n 1.25TB Seagate Barracudas(3 setup as hot-swap) n AuzenTech XMYSTIQUE7.1 Sound Card n Innovatek Eheim HPPS Plus 12V WaterPump n Danger Den TDX CPU block n Swiftech MCR320-QP (3x120mm) Radiator