[b]Welcome to Legit Reviews, before becoming a member of our community, please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our rules of conduct. These rules are in place to provide ALL of our members with a safe, friendly, and constructive atmosphere where they can get and give help across a variety of topics. We highly advise making a signature for your username and posting on the welcome thread. [/b]
1. [b]Do not SPAM our forums[/b]. SPAM is cause for immediate and permamnent banishment from Legit Reviews. Forms of SPAMMING include linking irrelevant information (porn, pharmacueticals, or anything not related to the site), or pointless posts. Although you may be given a warning, it is completely up to the staff to decide whether you are warned or immediately banned.
2. [b]Post within topics[/b]. Although it is sometimes easy to be drawn off topic, there are enough topics here that you can take the time to post in the appropriate forum. Usually, an ADMIN or Moderator will move topics to the appropriate forum, but as we have other things to do, your post most often will be deleted and you will recieve a reminder to stay on topic. Our forums are fairly well organized and very user friendly....we'd like to keep them that way.
3. [b]Do not post any obscene or offensive text or images![/b] We all have issues we feel strongly about. We all get frustrated. But As a member of our forums you have to remember that there is no age limit to belong to Legit Reviews, and in fact we do have several younger members. This is a "family friendly" site, a place where we want everyone to feel welcome. Please refrain from using harsh language (pretty self explanatory). Posts with offensive content will be edited to remove the offensive material, and the poster will recieve a warning. Repeated offenses will result in banishment from the Legit Reviews community.
4. [b]Flaming will not be tolerated.[/b] Every person here is different, and every opinion (no matter how wrong) is important. That's what makes us individuals. We want everyone to feel welcome here. If someone asks a question you think might be stupid, remember that not everyone might be as smart as you. If a question is asked that has been answered before, simply link the previous thread to help that person out. It takes just as much time and effort to help a person and leave a positive image for you and the site as it does to post some smart-assed or witty remark. Offenders will be warned, repeated offenders will be banned or forced to undergo sensitivity training.
5. [b]Racism, and/or blatent insults to one's race, sex, disability, life styles or sexual orientation is NOT tolerated.[/b] Be civil, respect others, and treat them as you'd want to be treated. There is no warning for this. Offenders will be instantly and permanently banned.
6. [b]Refrain from posting copywritten material.[/b] If there is a cool quote or picture you want to share with other members, be sure to give credit where its due. People tend to put a lot of time and effort into what they do, they deserve full credit for their efforts. Use quotes when posting others work.
7. [b]Do not post your private information, such as your address, telephone number, or credit card info. Legit Reviews will not be held responsible for any damages that may occur from being stupid.[/b]
8. [b]Do not promote other sites![/b] This is really important for us as well as our advertisers! The staff at Legit Reviews has spent a lot of time and effort building our community. From classes and clinics, to LAN parties we have built this site into what it is today, If people want to visit other sites, thats their right, but linking to other sites or forums will not be tolerated. If you feel there is a link, or site, or forum that may be of particular interest, talk to an admin or moderator, do not post it yourself. We're not a free ad board and will ban anyone who tries.
9. [b]You don't have to agree with the staff, you don't even have to like the staff, but you will respect the staff.[/b] We put a lot of time and effort into providing our members with a great site. If you have a problem with someone or something, email the staff and deal with it like an adult. If you threaten the staff, say bad things about the site or threaten to sue us you will be banned. We don't need drama, so it's an instant ban.
10. [b]As a member of Legit Reviews you will periodically receive emails regarding site/forum announcements (contests, give-aways, important news, reviews, etc)[/b]. These emails are pretty infrequent, but do happen. We do not have the ability to remove someone from the mailing list without deleting their account, so please try not to use work emails. If you do wish to have your account deleted, please contact an ADMIN so it can be taken care of.
11. [b]Custom signature images should be a maximum of 500x125 pixels[/b]. If you want to [url=http://forums.legitreviews.com/about3865.html]make a custom signature[/url], then please remember that a large percentage of our users still view the forums on monitors with a resolution of 1024x768 pixels. Signature images bigger than 500x125 pixels mean too much of the screen is filled up with just signatures, so it is for the benefit of all our users that signatures are kept to this size.
12. [b]No web addresses in signatures unless approved by the staff! Send a PM to one of us to get it approved BEFORE posting or it will be removed and you will be banned for 7 days.[/b]
Again, welcome to our community. We hope you enjoy everything we provide and that you choose to be a productive member of what we are trying accomplish. Please follow all the rules outlined above, and if you have any questions or comments, please contact the staff.
Here you will find the Forum rules and also some information that can be used to help members along.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests