Great hard drive cooler

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
nightblood
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Great hard drive cooler

Post by nightblood »

I setup quite a few Security Camera servers. And in my experience the hard drives don't last that long 1 to 2 years tops. 3 years ago I started using the MASSCOOL SYTRIN Kuformula SHF1 Ultra HDD Cooler which has extended the life of the hard drives. On servers that I have used these the hard drives record 15 Degrees cooler then ones that don't have them.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Great hard drive cooler

Post by bubba »

What case do have the system in? How were the drives cooled before?

Side question, what are you using for the software? I ask as I'm kicking around the idea of making a surveillance system due to some recent vandalism.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

nightblood nice to see ya back, hey what day were you going to be working on those servers?
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
nightblood
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by nightblood »

bubba wrote:What case do have the system in? How were the drives cooled before?

Side question, what are you using for the software? I ask as I'm kicking around the idea of making a surveillance system due to some recent vandalism.
I haven't really stuck with the same case. I usually buy them depending on current prices and how many hard drives I need. I am a big fan of Antec cases.
Before the hard drives had no cooler at all.
I use Milestone Software for Camera recording. ( I am a reseller of it) It works great and has a ton of nice features.