Ready for my next build, waiting on CPU

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Ready for my next build, waiting on CPU

Post by spitter »

Not something I would try, pricey and power hungry.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

My cpu is still on backorder. I think that the launch of the intel 6 core is a complete hit or miss, depending on if you got your cpu delievered. I have the Noctua NH-D14 cooler just waiting. I hope it fits in my Lian Li B25F case. It doesn't look like it will. Edit: Apoptosis, any chance you could make some phone calls regarding the lack of Intels 6 core chip. Edit again: I called Zipzoomfly and they told me that they might receive a delivery 3/2610. They said not sure 100%. I think this is very lame since I placed the order on 3/18/10.
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

Well if your not ready for water then that's probably the next best thing. Water is nice once you try you won't go back to air. Keeps everything running cooler.
Eikast
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Eikast »

They did not stop making the 850hx, it's just sold out at a few places. I recently got mine late of February. I guess I just lucked out and purchased mine at the right time.

As for CPU cooling, if you don't want to invest too much money for traditional water cooling, you can always try the corsair H50 cooling kit. No maintenance, no hassle.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... sair%20h50