LanBox Lite - Cooling Suggestions

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

LanBox Lite - Cooling Suggestions

Post by Sporg »

So as the subject implies I'm looking for cooling suggestions for this case: TT LanBox Lite

Here's the build:
AMD Phenom II X4 965
MSI 890GXM-G65
8 GB G-Skill RAM
(2) 500 GB Samsung F3 drives
(1) 1 TB Samsung
EVGA 260 GTX
1 DVD burner

Cooling so far
1 Scythe fan controller
2 60mm SilenX fans (exhaust)
1 92mm Scythe fan (intake)

I am trying to stuff way too much stuff into this tiny case, but it's one of those things that I'm intent on doing. *stubborn ass sometimes* Anyway right now the stock CPU cooler is driving me nuts. Maybe it's a fluke but it's a darn loud little fan. When I made the initial order I didn't do enough research and picked up a CPU cooler that is too tall. I have a total of about 100mm from the CPU to the bottom of the PSU. I'm looking for a low profile cooler that isn't going to be obnoxiously loud. I'm also considering a WC mod, but if I do that it will be a while. Summer is here and we have several road trips so need to be a bit conservative starting now.

On that note I found this Scythe cooler that I think will work. Does anyone have any experience or feedback for this one? It stands 76mm so that should give me enough room to get the heat out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835185097

Any other suggestions for a lower profile cooler? Anyone else have this case and if so, what are you using?

Oh, it's also important to know that the ambient temp in this room (in the summer) is around 28.3oC. Idle in the rig is around 38oC (can go lower if I kick up the fans a bit) and I've seen it as high as 54oC. I have yet to run Prime95 so I cannot be sure where she peaks out at. I also kept it at 54 by turning up the fan speeds. For normal use I'm seeing low 40's.

GPU temps are in the 60's I think when running F@H - will have to double check that one...
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell