Antec Earth Watts PSU

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Antec Earth Watts PSU

Post by bubba »

Ok, over the years of buying PSU's I have gotten use to them coming with power cords. Ordered an Antec Earth Watts for a build here at work, never thought to check to see if it come with a cord.

So heads up when buying PSU's might want to start looking to see if it has a cord included. No big for me, I have a box of the things here at work, but someone at home may not be so lucky.
IMG_0059.jpg
IMG_0059.jpg (49.6 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Antec Earth Watts PSU

Post by Major_A »

That's one way to cut costs. But then that doesn't really make it a complete product either. Isn't the Earth Watt series Antec's top-of-the-line mainstream series?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

for the eco-minded. I picked it because it was less than 50, guess they feel that your getting this as a replacement it says in the instructions "use your old power cable"... all well and good if you have one LOL
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

i've sworn off Antec....

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

FAIL
Joe
Antec_Jessie
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Antec_Jessie »

Hey Bubba,

First of all, we're sorry if the e-tailer that you purchased your PSU from didn't make it clear that this PSU doesn't come with a power cable.

Of course, removing the cable from the package does cut costs, but that's not the reason for this. We are committed to being an environmentally friendly company and it made sense with this specific line of products to remove the power cable. Not just because we put the label on it saying it's "green" but also because we see an EarthWatts PSU as being an upgrade unit. Most users will already have a power cable they can use.

If any of you want more information about our commitment to being environmentally friendly, visit here:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/index.p ... commitment

If you have any questions, I'll be checking back in on this thread.

Jessie
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

nah, just wanted to point out to others that they need to look closer (like I didn't) they may end up with a surprise.

Not a big deal for me, like I said, I have a box full of cords at work. Just noticed that there are some shipping now without cords and wanted to give others a heads up. With things like this starting I will be looking at the "whats in the box" list a little closer.
-Thomas Jefferson