External water cooler kits

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

yeah, the whole bbottom half of the case is for HDD or such, and nothing bigger than an 80mm fan. what i may do is mount the radiator on top of the case on top of a 120 fan sucking air through the radiator down into the case, mount the pump and res obn the floor under the HDDs. Thats the only thing i can think of. The rad won't fit in the bottom anyway, it is 5 in wide, the slots aren't near big enough.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Sounds like the top is your only smart choice...... :)
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

it would be nice if I could take some pics and we could brainstorm this, it will end up being aday long event with more than a little cursing and more than a little throwing things around.
Its your fault Bio, you got me started on this
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

LOL........guilty as charged........ 8) Just take your time and plan it out well..........If you can, it would be easier to remove the top of the case to cut your 120mm blow hole..........if there aren't any screws, there will be about 4 alu pop rivets in the 4 corners..........just drill them out, cut in your blow hole, then reinstall the top with 4 small screws and nuts.......... :twisted:
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Oh, by the way, I just got the OK to mod my corsair again........... :shock: I'm going to replace the rad with a Black Ice Extreme and then install a Black Ice Micro between the CPU block and GPU block to cool my 9800Pro a little better......... 8)
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I'm actually thinking about just buying another case for my experiment and using this case and setup with my old 2.8 and such to build something everyone around the house can use, cuz no one is touching my baby.
I'm thinking about getting a Silverstone Nimiz, but they are so expensive. I have heard great things about them and it is bigger than what I have now.
Mavke
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Mavke »

Is there something out there that can also cool the Memory?
As I would like to get a WC Kit but since my Memory is getting hot (OCZ PC3700 Rev 2 running at 250MHz)...
wuzy
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by wuzy »

AFAIK, RAM can't get really hot at all unless you've gone over 2.9V
There are currently no RAM waterblocks on the market so you'll either have to build your own or just stick some fin/pin like heatsinks on top of the heatspreader.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1141/ (For MOFSETs, but can also applied to RAM)

Edited: You could also try out this
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I used to think mine was getting too hot as well, I would recommend either just putting some heatsinks on them, or if you are going to go ahead and W/C, cut a blow hole in your case door over the RAM and install a fan, 92mm or even 120mm. Even with my W/C kit i am going to install a pair of 92 mm panaflos in the door and plug them into the empty fan pins on the mobo.
I have also learned that unless you are going extreme W/C, you have to watch how much you are trying to cool with water blocks, at some point you will end up being counterproductive and generating more heat than the cooling can move, so you are basically negating anything you do