Q: coolers for 550Ti ??

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
droomagon
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Q: coolers for 550Ti ??

Post by droomagon »

Well, recently i bought a 550Ti (i know its not the best choice, but prices were down, and its the best i could afford....)
so i bought it and tested it out at home, and its pretty sweet, i ran Crysis 2 pretty smoothly and no hitches...
but, here comes the prob, because the manufacturer's fan is not adequately enough to cool the GPU, so i'm asking if there are any coolers out there is best bang for the bucks?
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Q: coolers for 550Ti ??

Post by vbironchef »

What are you using for fan control? What is the make of your 550Ti? Maybe it has software to adjust fan speed. I would not buy a aftermarket cooler. You could have bought a faster G.C. instead. Go with Evga with the upgrade option. Should save you money in the long run. Please post your specs so we can help you out. It might not be your graphic card that is causing the extra heat. It might be your case, or lack of fans.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Q: coolers for 550Ti ??

Post by sbohdan »

Also, a simply reapplying the TIM helps a great deal usually + improving the airflow of the case. We need more info.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=