Please suggest a new case (easy to clean)

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
droomagon
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Please suggest a new case (easy to clean)

Post by droomagon »

Hello folks,

After browsing the site for a bit, i still havn't decided which case i wanna go with, so i'm wondering if you guys could help me out.

Currently, I have a case from Silverstone, FT-02, its a huge one, and so i'm looking to replace it, because it simply takes up too much space, so i wanna get a smaller case, that does just as well!

Lian Li PC-A04 isn't a bad one, but the filter is at the bottom of the case, and cleaning it might prove to be a headache, and because i'm lazy............ plus, i don't wanna it flip over everytime i wanna clean it, and it could be bad if the computer is operating at the time......

The basic requirement is....
- the filter has to be easy to clean, without moving the computer itself
- anything under 300 bucks i can probably afford
- good ventilation
- has to be small, (FT-02 is way too big, i don't know what i was thinking at the time)
- i don't buy ATX board anything, so as long as i can fit in Micro ATX or ITX boards, its good
- has to be able to fit a 230mm video card inside

thanks guys!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Please suggest a new case (easy to clean)

Post by bubba »

Well... if you remove the ability to move the case you're not going to find a case that you can clean all the filters. All the cases will require moving the case in one form or another. Mainly for the bottom filter. They all slide out the back or clip to the bottom.

Easiest and quickest way to cut dust down it get the case off the floor and on the top of the desk and keep pets out of the room with the PC.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Please suggest a new case (easy to clean)

Post by vbironchef »

Here's what I do. Just remove the filters and save them. I just make a habit of cleaning the computers once every 3-4 months. Even with the filters in place my fans still get dirty and reduce air flow. If you do not run your computer 24/7 dust is still going to get into your case if you have fans or openings on top of your case. Once a year I like to take apart my rig to clean all cables and I do the best I can to wipe down the inside of the case and fans using 70% isopropyl alcohol.