I need a case to fit my GPU

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

I need a case to fit my GPU

Post by hercules71185 »

I don't want a full tower because it won't fit under my TV. How do you search for a case that will fit a large GPU? Is there an easy way? I just ordered a Video card and I'm coming to realize it won't be fitting in my case. I got the Asus GTX 680 CU2 and it's a foot long. So what sites let you search by card size?
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: I need a case to fit my GPU

Post by Major_A »

The smallest cases that fit that card off the top of my head are the BitFenix Prodigy or the Silverstone Sugo. Why such a powerful card to hook it to a TV or are you using your TV as the primary monitor? Measure the dimensions of the space/opening you have and use those to measure against cases in on Newegg. I assume too that you are going mITX. Would that be correct?
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

Well it's my primary monitor. I got overkill just so I don't have to worry about upgrading for a while. A mid ATX is fine, I just bought the nzxt m59 case and it only supports a 10.5 inch card. I'm currently using an ass 660ti cu 2 and it hardly fits as of now. I didn't even think about it being a full inch longer.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

So I figured it out. But man how easy would it be if someone just made a site that allowed you to pick a gpu size as an option in a search. I mean seriously. I'd say 50% of cases don't have it listed and the ones that do it's at the bottom hidden in specs. Maybe it's not a huge issue usually. But, I'd buy from a site that had it wit the headaches I've had to deal with.

I ended up with the Nvidia edition of the Thermaltake V case. Hopefully it's hear soon. I hate having to wait so long after spending so much.