CoolIT Eliminator

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

they had me ship it any way I wanted to an address in California, tell them you want the same deal, it ended up costing me 10 bucks to ship it. Its crazy for them to make demands on how to send back their faulty products.
seaf20
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

same problem

Post by seaf20 »

Hi, i'm new here i just subscribed because i wanted to let everyone know i have the same problem with my eliminator, i contact coolit yesterday through the phone and talked to tech support, the guy was very helpfull and told me to fill in the RMA in the contact us page in their website. few minutes later after leaving the RMA email i recieved a call from the manager because i requested some info on if it was possible to upgrade to a FREEZONE if i paid the difference and he called me to tell me they have a program where they let you upgrade for $85 so i said yes and i also explained that i'm in Germany and it was impossible to ship it to canada and arrive in 3 days UPS here will cost me about 300 EUROS $1= 1.29 euros... yeah.... so he said it was ok to ship it back by any carrier and they'll take it when it arrives.... so no complaints with their support from me.... they were pretty helpfull and quick in responding.... i guess you guys should call, sometimes emails don't go through, or go to spam, or get deleted accidentaly or whatever.... calling in is better and gets best results!

tritch
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

I have gone through 2 Coolit Eliminators now

Post by tritch »

My first Eliminator died after 2 days - pump failure. My second Eliminator failed after 3 days, the TECs stopped working. Seems to be a wiring problem to them. I have yet to receive the third. Gotta say I am very disappointed after reading such great reviews for this unit all over the net. Maybe the reviewers should have tested the Eliminator for a few days?
respek
Legit User
Legit User

Post by respek »

My RMA process is going on one month now (since I requested a RMA). I received a tracking number for my replacement unit yesterday as Coolit said the replacement Eliminator units were on back-order. It is disappointing that they didn't spend more time stress testing, especially for failures such as the scorched plug. I managed to keep my Eliminator running for a little less than a month before having to RMA the unit. Even the back of the box it says "30,000 hours maintenance free..." which is what I hope my replacement Eliminator can live up to.

BTW, my plug was burnt up and charred (black) when I removed the unit and had a closer look. The pump was running fine but the TECs just stopped working.
bublic
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bublic »

mine died off in the first minutes, the fan got busted as soon as i started my comp then the tecs failed, the water got actually hotter then the ambient temp my much, had to rma the unit, very disappointed

by the way did anyone try to mod in a 120mm fan? :(
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I've used mine since the day I first got it, but now I've removed it from my system.... The rest of my components are hotter and the airflow in the case seems worse with this installed. The noise is also a bit much for me to be honest... After two months of use on medium my power wires never did burn up or melt though.
bublic
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bublic »

did you remove it cause it started to work bad or you just wanted something better? thanx
insanenoodle
Legit User
Legit User

Post by insanenoodle »

Can anyone give me the specs of the capacitor that was added in the Rev 1.04? I'd much rather not deal with shipping and rma's and all that so I thought I'd try to fix the issue myself. Thanks!
odie2190
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by odie2190 »

this is really disapointing seemed like a easy fix for cpu cooling. too bad its faulty.
insanenoodle
Legit User
Legit User

Post by insanenoodle »

anyone know the specs of that capacitor?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

bublic wrote:did you remove it cause it started to work bad or you just wanted something better? thanx
I actually built a whole new system:

I went quad-core with an 8800 GTX and a variable speed fan for lower noise... The Antec P150 Case that I had wouldn't fit the 8800 GTX and that is why I did all the changes... No way to mount the CoolIT cooler in that case... I'm not happy with the EMI from the acrylic case though as it impacts stuff around the house like my HDTV reception... I'm looking for a new case now.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

I always wondered about that. Nobody every addressed it in all the reviews for open cases like that.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

dicecca112 wrote:I always wondered about that. Nobody every addressed it in all the reviews for open cases like that.
yeah because review sites make money when people buy stuff through their shopping service, so they tend to review stuff and try to get people to buy it... Legit Reviews is honest and tells you how it is... Many case reviewers don't even use the case... they build a system in it, take pictures and sell it before the review is even up... I've used this one for over a week before I even wrote anything up on it ;) That's one of the differences between 'us' and 'them'.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

well that's what attracted me to the site initially. Way back in the Athlon XP days.
bublic
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bublic »

those who did receive the revised eliminator does it work like it's supposed to on high? and did anyone try to use a 92mm to 120mm fan adapter and mount a better 120mm fan on the eliminator? do you think such a mode would increase its performance? thanks
insanenoodle
Legit User
Legit User

Post by insanenoodle »

even without the revision, when the eliminator worked, it worked as described. right now i have the non-revised eliminator running and i'm idling at around 27C on high on a E6600. I'm pretty sure someone has tried using an 120 mm fan but I don't know how well it worked. it was on some portuguese overclocking website.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

rev 1.04 works great! ive been very happy with it since I got it although I do have to agree with Apop about the airflow restrictions.

Upgrading to a 120mm fan would have little or no effect on how the thing cools your processor. the point of the HS/fan is to keep the hot side of the peltier elements cool. It has no direct effect on the temperature of the coolant. However it IS true that Peltier elements work better if their hot side is kept as cool as possible but I can honestly say that ive felt the heatsink for the pelts as close to the pelts as possible while running and it felt room temperature, it didnt feel warm at all. The HS/fan combo Coolit uses works great at keeping the pelts well within working parameters. The reason the fan revs up at higher settings is because at higher settings the pelts are pushed harder. The only way you could get more performance out of Eliminator is if you somehow volt modded the TCM AND added a higher CFM fan to the Pelt HS to try and remove more heat from the Pelt HS
bublic
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bublic »

i was looking around the web and i only managed to find one better 92mm fan and that was from somewhere in Taiwan, cant find it in north America, as for the 120mm fan i was thinking of moding in a sunon that pushes around 110 cfm at max, but i have yet to test the unit with its stock fan to see if will be adequate noise to performance ratio that is. by the way, how long did it get for the rma department to send you the replacement? they received mine on the 3rd of may and today i received an email from them saying that the unit was not received although the tracking number shows otherwise?
respek
Legit User
Legit User

Post by respek »

Check out this fan adapter: http://www.pcextreme.com/catalog/sku/duc-13.html

It seems to be thick enough to support the Eliminator along with a 120mm fan. This along with a high cfm fan w/fan controller might yield some improvement over the 92mm stock fan. Anyone know of any other places with 92mm to 120mm fan adapters?
insanenoodle
Legit User
Legit User

Post by insanenoodle »

Bump for anyone with the revision and wants to tell me what the added capacitor specs are..