March 30, 2011 News from Around the Web

News, Reviews, and Tech related stories from our sister sites and news outlets around the net.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

March 30, 2011 News from Around the Web

Post by Amy »

Gigabyte E350N-USB3 AMD Fusion Mini-ITX Motherboard Review
All i heard last year was that 2011 was going to be the year of the tablet, and whilst i can semi-agree with that, i don't believe it's as clear cut as that. I think 2011 is the year of small products, not just tablets, but smaller form factor gadgets and components including motherboards.

Whilst we see products getting smaller, we are generally seeing them using less power and dissapating less heat and this is where AMD have taken advantage with their showcase of their newest AMD Fusion APU platform.

Fusion utilises a CPU/GPU combination creating the Fusion APU to give users an all-in-one solution which draws very little power.

You may remember the Fusion Mini-ITX preview we did back in January which showed off the specifications and first glance pictures of these exciting new boards whilst in February we got a first hand play with a slightly bigger Micro ATX Asus E35M1-M Pro which gave fantastic results throughout our testing phase.

Today, our friends at Gigabyte have supplied us with the E350N-USB3 Mini-ITX board to see if by making a slightly smaller product, will the performance be effected?
@ eTeknix.com

Wednesday Web Reviews:

HARDWARE

HIS HD 6850 IceQ X Turbo Graphics Card Review @ Tweaknews
Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB 2.5-inch Hard Drive
AURAS Shagon' ARC-118 CPU Cooler Review
Prolimatech Genesis "Dual Blue Vortex 140mm Edition" CPU Cooler Review @ Madshrimps
Patriot G2 Series DDR3 1600MHz (2x2GB) Memory Kit Review @ Madshrimps
P67 Memory Kit Roundup Review @ OCC
Icy Dock MB877SK-B Tray-less 3.5" SATA Aluminum Hard Drive Mobile Rack @Hi Tech Legion
The Fast-Enough Budget Computer Built and Tested @ BmR
iXBT Labs Review: ASRock P67 Pro3 (B3) Motherboard
Mach Xtreme Technology Nano 60GB MXSSD1MNANO50-60G 1.8-inch 50-Pin PATA SSD Review

Accessories

Roccat Kave Headset Review @ eTeknix.com
Corsair SP2200 2.1 Speaker System Review @ Neoseeker

Editorials

Are consoles holding back gaming tech?

Events

MSI MOA Benelux qualifier 2011 @ Madshrimps