Newegg gives state customers past sales info ....

News, Reviews, and Tech related stories from our sister sites and news outlets around the net.
neko77025
Legit User
Legit User

Newegg gives state customers past sales info ....

Post by neko77025 »

Not my story .. Just think this needs too be front page news.
thanks lon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDUY1fxMcZk
KnightRid

Re: Newegg gives state customers past sales info ....

Post by KnightRid »

Transcript?

I hate when people post a video without a transcript!!!!!! I don't want to waste my limited bandwidth watching something that I could read in a few paragraphs.And it's 9 frakking minutes! Ugh.

So here is the blurb on the video...
This segment will appear on tomorrow's wrapup but I wanted to get it out now as this story is beginning to get out there. Newegg has voluntarily transmitted customer sales data to Connecticut tax officials (without a warrant or subpoena) and customers are being billed for unpaid use taxes. I urge you all to stop doing business with a company that puts its own interests ahead of their customers.
So basically people are supposed to be reporting out of state purchases on their tax forms (Pennsylvania has had it for a few years) and people were not doing it. Now people are crying the blues because they LIED on an official government form and now have to pay the consequences of their actions. So Newegg sucks because they are reporting it to the state, the state sucks because they are billing people and everybody sucks who doesn't think people should be able to get away without paying tax anymore. Should Newegg have waited for a warrant or a subpoena? Why? Did you not pay the tax you should have paid? Hmmmmmm So even if they would have waited to get served, I am pretty sure they would have had to divulge the information anyway or it would at least make them decide to collect state tax.

Every company should collect state tax for your state at time of purchase. It is just foolish not to do that anymore. You don't like your state's tax rate....move.

So that is my opinion and be on the lookout for even more of this to happen across the country.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Well, didn't Hangzhao Liaison Interactive from China buy 55.7% Newegg in 2016? Don't think they care about the private information of folks... lol
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Funny thing with this is that our local news just said this morning that Amazon will be collecting PA tax on marketplace now also.

Pay your taxes people....
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Glad all my purchases from the Egg are done through my work account lol. Even then I find myself buying at micro center or Amazon more and more.

Wonder how my work is handling my on line purchases. I do it all through the company card. huh.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

!. Collection of taxes originaly started after the IIWW, so countries can rebuild their infrastructure and distroyed cities. It was supposed to be temporary. The IIWW was over 68y ago, taxes were not discontinued to be collected - on the contrary - there is a zilion of them added since. After a while the state started to lie about the necesity of taxes to be able to build schools, roads etc. Except all that they spend on stuff like that is just a little fraction of all the taxes they collect. Most of it goes to the private bank's (IMF) invented scam that lies about all the countries owing them (more and more ith time) and most of the rest goes to pay for all the wars that the US wages against countries on the other side of the world, where they have no business to be wwhatsoever, terrorizing pretty much the whole world, bombing countries back to the stoneage if they won't submit all their resources and riches voluntarily. Some of our taxes are just stolen by the totaly corrupt government, supporting their rich lifestyle. As far as I'm concerned 98% of all taxes paid is just legalized stealing. Just think about how much you have to pay to finnish a college or university for example?

2. This collecting of taxes for FEW YEARS BACK(!) is just pure nonsense. They just made a new state ruling and want to collect taxes not just from the time of the new law but few years before it was made. The problem here is that people who were raised brainwashed their whole life, take taxes and paying them for granted and their duty, instead of questioning the whole corrupt, disgusting system. I'm on my part done supporting these assholes, who spend all this money bombing countries one after the other, killing millions, keeping dick chainey, jp morgan, the busches and other criminals like them filthy rich by stealing oil supplies, diamonds and other resources from the whole world! F@ck that.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=