iBuyPower Gamer Paladin System with an Intel Core i7-870 CPU

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: iBuyPower Gamer Paladin System with an Intel Core i7-870 CPU

Post by Major_A »

I live in Houston, you could've had it delivered here and I'd have signed for it. Problem with that would be you'd come to pick it up and I'd already have it plugged in and trying to find it's max OC.
x.clay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by x.clay »

I actually live just north of Houston (Woodlands) but close enough.
I live in Houston, you could've had it delivered here and I'd have signed for it. Problem with that would be you'd come to pick it up and I'd already have it plugged in and trying to find it's max OC.
That would have saved my some time :lol:
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
Mobo: Asus Z77 Gene
GPU: GTX 470
RAM: 2X4gb G.Skill 1600
OS SDD: Kingston 120 gb SSD
Game SSD: Kingston 128 gb SSD
Storage: Hitachi 1Tb, Intel 80 gb SSD
PSU: Corsair AX 850w
Case: Silverstone FT-03
gibbersome
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by gibbersome »

x.clay wrote:I actually live just north of Houston (Woodlands) but close enough.
That would have saved my some time :lol:
BTW, now that you have an awesome gaming rig, can I have your old one? :)
gibbersome
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by gibbersome »

Double post. *grumble*
x.clay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by x.clay »

Intel and IBP put together a pretty sweet system. I haven't had a chance to try any games but I have WiC loading and I'll probably get Hawx, Crysis, and few other loaded up later. I'll get a some more pictures up once I have a little more time. I have my mom and sister staying with me over the weekend. Our study is also the guest bedroom which means I can't stay up late gaming. I don't know if I'll be able to stand it another night so I may have to move everything out to the dining room so I can get some gaming in.
BTW, now that you have an awesome gaming rig, can I have your old one?
I think I am going to be giving away my AMD setup to my sister. She is running a 6 year old HP mini-tower and in desperate need of a new computer.
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Sweet system you lucky sob :) Lets see some benches on it!
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

very nice dude..I am wondering tho...the spec list(when the contest first started) said there was a GTX285 in there...kind of looks like you switched it out?
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

I see wire management is not one of their strong points. With a bit of work and some wire ties you'll have that fixed in no time :)
Start by reversing the hard drives so the wiring is hidden.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

InspectahACE wrote:very nice dude..I am wondering tho...the spec list(when the contest first started) said there was a GTX285 in there...kind of looks like you switched it out?
Didn't XFX put the ATi cooling solution on some of their cards for briefly?
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

The power connectors on the card aren't in the right area for it to be a GTX285 plus the backplate the the profile of the cooler is a dead give away that its an ATI card.

You'd figure a company like iBuyPower would put some effort towards cable managent.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

x.clay wrote: Image
"Add IBUYPOWER Advanced Build Options Here's why.
Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis [+ $19]"

I'm guessing...ummm...no.
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I think I got "geek wood" :mrgreen:

Awesome looking system - cable management SUX though - wow. Hopefully the case has room to run the wires between the back side panel and the motherboard!!

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

They are doing a drawing for basically the same system over at [H], and it says the videocard will be an ATI 4890. I wonder if you accidentally got one of those
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Intel had an 'error' with the system specifications... I though it was odd that NVIDIA would be buying any NVIDIA Cards anyway due to the marketing battle they are in.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
x.clay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by x.clay »

very nice dude..I am wondering tho...the spec list(when the contest first started) said there was a GTX285 in there...kind of looks like you switched it out?
It is a 4890. Nate and I spoke about this and it was a spec mix up. It sounds like Intel has had some headaches with this contest. Intel and Nvidia aren't on the best terms right now so it would be weird for Intel to spec out a ton a high end Nvidia cards. It is still a killer system so I'm not going to complain. I have a 4870 so I am going to play around with a hybrid crossfire setup.

As many have mentioned the cable management is pretty poor so I'm going to be cleaning that up. One thing I have noticed is that this setup runs considerably warmer than my previous builds. You can feel the warm air coming from the back of the case even at idle. The CPU idles around 40-55. I did a quick run of CoreDamage and it got up to 77c and I turned it off. Right now they are using a single generic NZXT fan on the radiator. I am going to switch it out for two Noctua fans similar to what LR showed in their review on the corsair version of this cooler. I think I am going to install an aftermarket cooler on the 4890 for some killer overclocking there as well. 1Ghz here I come :)
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

Another site's contest advertised a GTX 295 but it arrived with a GTX 285 instead. To make up for that they included a monitor.
gibbersome
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by gibbersome »

x.clay wrote:As many have mentioned the cable management is pretty poor so I'm going to be cleaning that up. One thing I have noticed is that this setup runs considerably warmer than my previous builds. You can feel the warm air coming from the back of the case even at idle. The CPU idles around 40-55. I did a quick run of CoreDamage and it got up to 77c and I turned it off. Right now they are using a single generic NZXT fan on the radiator. I am going to switch it out for two Noctua fans similar to what LR showed in their review on the corsair version of this cooler. I think I am going to install an aftermarket cooler on the 4890 for some killer overclocking there as well. 1Ghz here I come :)
Looks like you know what you're doing. If you have any questions, just ask!

Good luck and Congrats once again on winning an awesome gaming rig! Most here would give their right arm to have your system. :)
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I have heard of iBuyPower shipping the wrong components. Maybe this is where the confusion started.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit