Legit Reviews and NZXT Sweepstakes!

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
atticus14
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Legit Reviews and NZXT Sweepstakes!

Post by atticus14 »

I love these cases and want the white one really bad, unfortunately I need other system upgrades first which was setback by having to replace a dead PSU; I was really hoping a contest would come up for these and I could at least imagine myself winning one for awhile :lol: I would have missed it though if not for the extension post on FB, I probably would have even made a video if I would have known, which I have never done before;I really hate exposing my nerdiness to my FB friends but I would have did it for that delicious white phantom case.

Anyways, thanks for the contest!
blakelyneal
Legit User
Legit User

Post by blakelyneal »

Yeah, I guess the only problem I have with this is that I put a lot of work into my video... I mean dont get me wrong, I understand the situation but had I known it would turn into a random drawing I would have just grabbed my phone and zoomed over my case and screen in like 30 seconds lol

I appreciate you guys but I am a little frustrated. (as I am sure all of you are as well haha)

On an off note, I do look at your site for reviews before I buy XD

Sry for the dumb luck...
blakelyneal
Legit User
Legit User

Post by blakelyneal »

I guess it would have made more sense to do a 50/50 split on the prizes...
1.) so that the people who actually put effort in on the contest wouldnt feel completely raped and 2.) you can get more people to enter it...

I mean in all reality just recoding the video is more than 5xs the work of commenting on a post... That doesnt even count the editing time, planning, and encoding...

Uhg, I am just venting because I am so frustrated with not only you guys but with your lazy a$$ "fans"

lol
blakelyneal
Legit User
Legit User

Post by blakelyneal »

last one I promise hee hee

"If you make it creative you'll be more likely to win"
Now that seems like it isn't even close to being true...

A random drawing just isn't right.

That is the truth of the matter.

k I am off my soapbox =p
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Nice case . Too bad my ugly face wont be in/on any video though . :sick:

Good luck to those that do enter .
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
turkeyfox
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by turkeyfox »

blakelyneal wrote: A random drawing just isn't right.

That is the truth of the matter.
+1
Also I love the splitting the prizes idea. Perfect compromise in my opinion.
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

Truth of the matter is Apop has run this site for a long time and put alot into it and has had a slew of contests giving away great stuff. So its his site and its his decision what to do with the contest and it always amazes me to see people that only show up for a contest to start bitching about whats fair etc.

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
JMMD
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by JMMD »

I followed the rules and entered my video but my video wasn't listed in your post about the entrants who get extra entries.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Darkstar wrote:Truth of the matter is Apop has run this site for a long time and put alot into it and has had a slew of contests giving away great stuff. So its his site and its his decision what to do with the contest (A big AMEN to that) and it always amazes me to see people that only show up for a contest to start bitching about whats fair etc.

Well said.

Sorry Apop to be posting again in this thread, but I feel that some aren't behaving with a community spirit over this issue. As happy as I was to be able to enter without the hoopla, I have no problems with this contest being extended/suspended/canceled if the desired results aren't acceptable to the benefactors of the contest (thanks again to both LR and NZXT). Free giveaways are the icing on the cake, but if people aren't here because they want to belong to a community that is both helpful and informative, then it may just boil down to greed and we won't miss them in the forums anyway. They are the ones missing out though by not taking advantage of all the FREE TECH HELP, ADVICE, and REVIEWS that can be found here. Hell, I've saved at least a hundred dollars just by subscribing to the "Legit Deals" thread alone, and gotten deals that I didn't even know about on stuff that was on my short list to purchase anyway.

Bottom Line: If Apop needs a lawyer to hash out the legalese just so he can give away FREE STUFF on his own website, how long do you think said free giveaways will last? The point about needing minimum participation is a valid one and don't forget NZXT can easily withdraw their participation at any time if their minimum conditions aren't met, which these obviously weren't. Did some people really think that 10 entries for 10 prizes meant a guaranteed multiple hundred dollar payout for a handful of lucky schmucks that just joined for the contest and has never participated in the forums? REALLY? Do unicorns crap glitter in your world? :roll:

NZXT would never give this site another tech sample to review if they had to follow through with this. For that matter, such a decision could also influence other manufacturers to withhold samples from LR as well, and as you should know by now free advance tech samples is the lifeblood of any review site. If they had to buy what they reviewed then it would not only be prohibitively expensive, we wouldn't have the review until the tech actually hits the market and by then it is old hat anyway. What do you want? Do you expect Apop to pay for all of you newcomers' to get new stuff over a little technicality that those of us that are regular participating forum members take as a logical given without needing to close "grasping at straws" loopholes?

Sorry if I stepped on some toes here, but if the shoe fits, then it is probably causing bunions anyway. 8)

In closing, I will offer a bold statemet--real community members will be here long after this contest ends, or even if it is discontinued. So ask yourself this...will you?
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

Kaos Kid wrote:
Darkstar wrote:Truth of the matter is Apop has run this site for a long time and put alot into it and has had a slew of contests giving away great stuff. So its his site and its his decision what to do with the contest (A big AMEN to that) and it always amazes me to see people that only show up for a contest to start bitching about whats fair etc.

Well said.

Sorry Apop to be posting again in this thread, but I feel that some aren't behaving with a community spirit over this issue. As happy as I was to be able to enter without the hoopla, I have no problems with this contest being extended/suspended/canceled if the desired results aren't acceptable to the benefactors of the contest (thanks again to both LR and NZXT). Free giveaways are the icing on the cake, but if people aren't here because they want to belong to a community that is both helpful and informative, then it may just boil down to greed and we won't miss them in the forums anyway. They are the ones missing out though by not taking advantage of all the FREE TECH HELP, ADVICE, and REVIEWS that can be found here. Hell, I've saved at least a hundred dollars just by subscribing to the "Legit Deals" thread alone, and gotten deals that I didn't even know about on stuff that was on my short list to purchase anyway.

Bottom Line: If Apop needs a lawyer to hash out the legalese just so he can give away FREE STUFF on his own website, how long do you think said free giveaways will last? The point about needing minimum participation is a valid one and don't forget NZXT can easily withdraw their participation at any time if their minimum conditions aren't met, which these obviously weren't. Did some people really think that 10 entries for 10 prizes meant a guaranteed multiple hundred dollar payout for a handful of lucky schmucks that just joined for the contest and has never participated in the forums? REALLY? Do unicorns crap glitter in your world? :roll:

NZXT would never give this site another tech sample to review if they had to follow through with this. For that matter, such a decision could also influence other manufacturers to withhold samples from LR as well, and as you should know by now free advance tech samples is the lifeblood of any review site. If they had to buy what they reviewed then it would not only be prohibitively expensive, we wouldn't have the review until the tech actually hits the market and by then it is old hat anyway. What do you want? Do you expect Apop to pay for all of you newcomers' to get new stuff over a little technicality that those of us that are regular participating forum members take as a logical given without needing to close "grasping at straws" loopholes?

Sorry if I stepped on some toes here, but if the shoe fits, then it is probably causing bunions anyway. 8)

In closing, I will offer a bold statemet--real community members will be here long after this contest ends, or even if it is discontinued. So ask yourself this...will you?
Better said.... :)

Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Lost
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Lost »

Do I need to be 18 to enter?
Asus M4A89GTD Pro
AMD Phenom II X6 @ 3.8 GHz
8GB G.Skill & Mushkin @ ~1866 MHz
Asus Radeon HD 6850 @ 951 MHz core, 4600 mem
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

JMMD wrote:I followed the rules and entered my video but my video wasn't listed in your post about the entrants who get extra entries.
The date is March 25th, but I don't see it on our facebook wall... That is why I missed it.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Lost wrote:Do I need to be 18 to enter?
If you have to ask, yes
Follow Me on Twitter!
JMMD
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by JMMD »

Apoptosis wrote:
JMMD wrote:I followed the rules and entered my video but my video wasn't listed in your post about the entrants who get extra entries.
The date is March 25th, but I don't see it on our facebook wall... That is why I missed it.
Facebook = Jo Ma
Youtube=JMPCFMD

I just checked my profile and it says I posted a link on Legit Reviews and NZXT wall on that date.
LRYT.jpg
LRYT.jpg (84.12 KiB) Viewed 33156 times
James86
Legit User
Legit User

Post by James86 »

now ppl are posting new vids
now 16 total
blakelyneal
Legit User
Legit User

Post by blakelyneal »

Well, I do see what you are saying about the real community members... However most of the entries are from new people... And this is the first impression they get of the the site. It doesnt make a very good impression.

HOWEVER from your perspective I can understand that you don't care, since you are a member and have been active, this is just a rock in the road.

BUT this is bigger to the new people... If they stay or not isn't necessarily based solely on getting free stuff lol

I worked hard on my entry... I dont think it is fair and it isnt... BUT that doesnt mean I am angry, that is just how it is.

Changing the rules is allowable, it isnt unheard of but it is never accepted by the competing body.

I spend about 6 hours making and editing my video. I could have saved 5.9 hours of time just by commenting lol
That is the only reason I am mad.
My video wont be judged on the contents, only as an entry identical to every other video.

That is how I feel.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Well, for what its worth I don't begrudge Apop giving you and the other original peeps that did make videos (the first ones, not the ones that are jumping on later) 5 or even 10 entries each for your taking the time to actually do what was asked--I'm feeling guilty now about accepting even one entry, lol. You seem like a level-headed sort, I hope I didn't sour you on wanting to stay because you really would like being a part of this site. I'm a bit defensive sometimes when it comes to my favorite things so I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk to you. Please consider staying awhile, I'm sure you have plenty to contribute as well!

Good Luck to you in the contest!
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
omegadoom13
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by omegadoom13 »

Good points being made by all the posters.

Hey, if I ran a business like NZXT and agreed to do a sweepstakes with Legit Reviews, I hope lots of people would be involved in the sweepstakes because doing so would help get the word out about my business and help make money for my business. I totally understand the reasoning behind the extension.

The people who entered before the extension should realize that they are lucky to get a CHANCE/CHANCES (5 entries) to win awesome NZXT cases thanks to Legit Reviews and NZXT. This forum is called "Giving Back to Our Readers" for a reason. I wish I had a better understanding of all the tech stuff posted on Legit Reviews, but I'm not in the tech field. I do, however, like reading about new tech and don't mind giving my opinion on non-tech stuff.
djpinc19
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by djpinc19 »

omegadoom13 wrote:The people who entered before the extension should realize that they are lucky to get a CHANCE/CHANCES (5 entries) to win awesome NZXT cases thanks to Legit Reviews and NZXT.
The contest's initially called for effort and time. The winners were to be chosen based on some degree of creativity (possibly persuasion) and thus it was a competition. If you "lost", it meant someone produced something of better substance. Now, there is no distinguishing factor between the entrants in a random drawing. A randomly generated outcome will always appear more empty compared to a product made of talent, effort, and/or commitment.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

James86 wrote:now ppl are posting new vids
now 16 total
The video deadline was firm and never changed... new videos aren't counting towards more entries.
Follow Me on Twitter!