Legit Reviews and NZXT Sweepstakes!

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Legit Reviews and NZXT Sweepstakes!

Post by Athlonite »

Major_A wrote:Seems the consensus here is a dislike for Facebook (include me).

Nate, if this contest doesn't get that many entries are you going to try and curb the Facebook/Twitter contests in the future? I understand that NZXT probably came up with these stipulations but I like the old forum post with 5 non-spam posts to enter. Seems like the majority of forum contest winners in the last 3 or 4 contests had 1-2 posts. Kind of stunk for the rest of us.
+ 1 the only reason I have fagbook is to keep in contact with my son who lives in OZ with his mum who helps him post pics and stuff otherwise I wouldn't have one at all and twatter is for those who don't have a real life outside and simply must know when and where your taking your dog for a dump or you've just scratched a zit on your butt
Asus Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX 8320 @ 3700MHz NB/HT @ 2600MHZ
2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 C9
1x Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 9550MHz core 1250MHz mem
1x Pioneer DVD-RW DVR212S SATA
2x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm raid0
1x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm storage
1x WD2500AAJS 8MB cache 7200rpm storage
Thermolab Baram 1 x 120mm CM R4 90cfm 2000rpm 1x SilverStone 120mm AP 1500rpm 37.5cfm
SilverStone ST75F-P 750W PSU Full Modular
SilverStone RaVeN RV02B-W
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

Major_A wrote:Seems the consensus here is a dislike for Facebook (include me).

Nate, if this contest doesn't get that many entries are you going to try and curb the Facebook/Twitter contests in the future? I understand that NZXT probably came up with these stipulations but I like the old forum post with 5 non-spam posts to enter. Seems like the majority of forum contest winners in the last 3 or 4 contests had 1-2 posts. Kind of stunk for the rest of us.
I completely agree. I personally can't stand Facebook especially... :?
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
djpinc19
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by djpinc19 »

Heh. Almost all my friends are one Facebook.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Here are all the entries that I have for the contest....

Not a good turnout in all honesty and if I'm disappointed I'm sure our sponsor (NZXT) is going to be disappointed. Only 13 entries for 10 prizes...

It looks like I am going to be forced to extend the contest for a week or two and open it up to all. It looks like the video requirement was way too much for most people. It is rare that we change the deadline and rules for a contest, but it looks like I am forced to on this one. I've never asked the community to make videos like this and we won't be doing that again for some time to come.

I'm going to extend the contest until April 18th and all those that entered the contest with a video will get 5 entries into the contest drawing. If you want to enter the contest and get 1 entry you can like both Legit Reviews and NZXT on Facebook and comment on our wall post for the new drawing to be entered.

A big thanks to the 13 that entered and you will all get 5 entries.

David Yee

Evan Mississippi Carrillo

Ben Pham

Ryan King

Herlof Pedersen Garcia

Andrew Winters

James Fowler

Blakely Neal Jones

Ray Buckland

Ali Hassan

Ivan Ivanov

Ryan Michael Thomas Cantin

Jo Ma

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
JuicyFruitSweeT
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by JuicyFruitSweeT »

Extended :P
Coool
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Thanks for streamlining this contest. I only joined FB because of past giveaways, but it sure can be a PITA. I can't even chat in real time, let alone post to everyone's walls in my entire friends' list. Posting in the forums is more my speed, and the forums are a much more leisurely and satisfying read than a hundred "walls" at once all demanding my attention. It reminds me of that Dave Chappelle skit about "What if the Internet was a real place?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U7HztvetQk

And with all the fake come-ons by scammers I've gotten since I joined FB, the only reason I even go there is to "like" LR...

In a nutshell--We love you, LR, you had us at "Today we are reviewing..." ;)
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
James86
Legit User
Legit User

Post by James86 »

I was hoping to get some good news that I won a case but I'll take a random drawing
if I comment on the FB page do I get 6 entry's total??
TRUCHONIC
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by TRUCHONIC »

thanks for the extension that way my fiend can join you guys rocks :supz:
FreeJet
Legit User
Legit User

Post by FreeJet »

Last edited by FreeJet on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djpinc19
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by djpinc19 »

People are lazy. Even the long past "post the picture of your rig" requirement was too much for some.
James86
Legit User
Legit User

Post by James86 »

djpinc19 wrote:People are lazy. Even the long past "post the picture of your rig" requirement was too much for some.
this was the easiest contest to enter I took the vid with my point and shoot canon camera and the only part of me you can see is my arm I was hoping to win a new case but now I'm kinda worried
djpinc19
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by djpinc19 »

James86 wrote:
djpinc19 wrote:People are lazy. Even the long past "post the picture of your rig" requirement was too much for some.
this was the easiest contest to enter I took the vid with my point and shoot canon camera and the only part of me you can see is my arm I was hoping to win a new case but now I'm kinda worried
I'm in full agreement with your statement. This is nothing compared to the more time consuming and more dangerous video contests other promoters might put up i.e. recreational sports.
turkeyfox
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by turkeyfox »

Just because people are lazy why did you have to go and change it?! :evil: There were 12 entries, so it's not like there weren't enough people. We all had a 5 out of 6 chance of winning. Plus it was based on creativity, not dumb luck, so chance had nothing to do with it. Now by opening it up to every Tom Dick and Harry (NZXT has 6,806 fans at the moment) we're going down to 5 out of 6,806. You should at least give us a couple thousand entries to make up for it to put us back at the 5/6 ratio, instead of just 5 entries. And if you wanted to include the dumb lazy people you could have added MORE prizes instead of taking away ours. If I sound bitter it's because I am. I was basically guaranteed to win a Phantom case or at least a fan controller (only two of us were going to walk away with nothing) and mine was definitely (in my opinion at least) in the top ten most creative so I was definitely going to win because dumb luck wasn't a factor. But then it was ROBBED from me before I even got it. You'd be bitter too if you had your computer case stolen :(. And don't say I still have a chance because I am guaranteed not to win now because some lucky SOB is going to win because it'll come down to luck. I am not a lucky person. Lucky people don't have their computer cases stolen from them. ](*,)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

turkeyfox wrote:Just because people are lazy why did you have to go and change it?! :evil: There were 12 entries, so it's not like there weren't enough people. We all had a 5 out of 6 chance of winning. Plus it was based on creativity, not dumb luck, so chance had nothing to do with it. Now by opening it up to every Tom Dick and Harry (NZXT has 6,806 fans at the moment) we're going down to 5 out of 6,806. You should at least give us a couple thousand entries to make up for it to put us back at the 5/6 ratio, instead of just 5 entries. And if you wanted to include the dumb lazy people you could have added MORE prizes instead of taking away ours. If I sound bitter it's because I am. I was basically guaranteed to win a Phantom case or at least a fan controller (only two of us were going to walk away with nothing) and mine was definitely (in my opinion at least) in the top ten most creative so I was definitely going to win because dumb luck wasn't a factor. But then it was ROBBED from me before I even got it. You'd be bitter too if you had your computer case stolen :(. And don't say I still have a chance because I am guaranteed not to win now because some lucky SOB is going to win because it'll come down to luck. I am not a lucky person. Lucky people don't have their computer cases stolen from them. ](*,)

Turnkeyfox... Look at it from my position please. I'm running a review site that helps people pick out products. I do contests to give things back to the community for free. The companies giving away products have to see a return on their investment in order to do more contests like this in the future and support Legit Reviews. When I went back to NZXT and said hey guess what the contest had 12 entries it didn't sit well with anyone. We have to get entries to justify the contest and them giving away nearly a thousand dollars of hardware. If 6800 people enter, then yeah I'll up your entries. As of right now you have 1:5 odds of winning without the extra entries.

At the end of the day to get products, advertising and prizes to give away we have to give them numbers and this contest failed to do that. I'm the one to blaim as I thought more than 12 people would do a video.
Follow Me on Twitter!
omegadoom13
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by omegadoom13 »

Is it already too late to get 5 entries by making a video? I'm liking Legit Reviews and NZXT on Facebook, but didn't know about the contest until after the extension.
FreeJet
Legit User
Legit User

Post by FreeJet »

Last edited by FreeJet on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Just to make it fair to those that entered the original contest only those that previously did videos will be allowed to do so.
Follow Me on Twitter!
djpinc19
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by djpinc19 »

turkeyfox wrote: Lucky people don't have their computer cases stolen from them. ](*,)
We were never guaranteed to win anyways. Legit Reviews has done contests in the past that generated very little participation and had to be redone into random drawings were every contestant had significantly worse odds for every click of the "Like" button. The only giveaway in my memory that drew both numbers and talent was the Radeon 5870 art contest which involved two relatively expensive and popular prizes - Radeon 5870 and Radeon 5770.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Good luck to all. Sorry we seem to always find a way to poo-poo on the contests. :(
James86
Legit User
Legit User

Post by James86 »

I'm just glad the contest is still on