Facebook Friday - Fractal Design Define XL PC Case!

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Facebook Friday - Fractal Design Define XL PC Case!

Post by Apoptosis »

Remember when we used to do weekly GIVEAWAYS? Let's see if we can do it again!
FD-CA-DEF-XL-BL-1.jpg
FD-CA-DEF-XL-BL-1.jpg (12.05 KiB) Viewed 21464 times
This week the sponsor for our weekly promotion is Fractal Design and they have donated a Define XL Computer Case as a prize! This prize has a retail value of ~$145 and you can find out more about here - http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=pro ... =2&prod=68 . Be sure to give Fractal Design some love on Facebook for sponsoring this great promotion - http://www.facebook.com/FractalDesignNA

All you need to do is like, share and comment on the picture on our Facebook wall! Here is our Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Legit-Reviews/47587158881

Fractal Design will ship the Define XL case to the winner and is willing to ship the board to any address in North America. If you live in a country outside the North America maybe you can ship the board to a friend or family member located in North America and then have them ship it to your country. As always you will be responsible for any customs fees, taxes or any other charge associated with your local rules and regulations. This contest is also void and null in locations that do not allow such things to take place. We always get people upset that it's not open to other countries, but please remember we are located in the US and are working with US companies to get the prizes.

Entry Period: The Giveaway starts on Friday, April 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM Central and ends Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 at 12:00 PM Central (the "Entry Period".)
Entry: To enter the Giveaway, follow the instructions on the primary Giveaway web page. Submission will result in one (1) entry. All duplicate entries are disqualified.
Drawing: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, the Giveaway Organizer will select the names of the potential winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winners will be contacted and will be asked to provide their full name, age, email and mailing address within three (3) days of being notified. If a potential winner does not respond within the stated time frame, the Giveaway Organizer at its own discretion may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period, or nullify that prize. Limit one (1) prize per household per Giveaway.

To enter this con
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Facebook Friday - Fractal Design Define XL PC Case!

Post by slugbug »

Awesome case. I have one here :)
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Sweet case. Good luck to all of you that enter.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

fingers crossed!

PS (May 2 6:30 PM CST) who's the lucky winner?
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The contest closed for entries at 12pm CT and the winner was drawn at 2:30pm. The winner was Rick Franks.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

WOWWIE! Thanks so much Fractal Design and Legit Reviews for this great case, I can hardly wait to take it for a test run!

Shipping info sent to Nate via Facebook message. Thanks!!!!!
Last edited by Kaos Kid on Thu May 03, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Congrats! =D>
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Congrats, it's a cool looking case.
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Congrats, be sure to post up some pics so we can all be jeleous =P~
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Actually I was going to offer it back on loan to Nate for the staff to do a review but I see that Bill already did one last year :lol:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1782/1/
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Hey All

The case came in last week, but I've had a hectic time with the kids out of school so I was just now able to get it unpacked to take a looky-loo. When it arrived I was a tad disappointed to see "Titanium Grey" marked on the outside of the box, but when I unpacked it today it did indeed have the Black Pearl finish, and it is beautiful in its simplicity. The finish looks a lot like my piano black Antec Sonata case that houses my LRoom general purpose rig, just a lot bigger! While not as big as my CM Sniper case that holds my 1100T, it is still a full sized case and weighs about 40lbs out of the box. It doesn't fit into my upstairs computer armoire depth-wise so I will have to put it aside for the time being until I can figure out what to do with it. It is made for low noise levels so it would be perfect for the upstairs but the wifey says until I can mod the armoire to make it fit with the door closed I have to keep it out of sight. Its a shame too because like I said it is simplistic in exterior design so other than its size it wouldn't look any more out of place in the Living Room than my Sonata does. She will NOT let me put it on the floor though. Wives just don't understand ](*,)

Thanks again Legit Reviews and Fractal Design!!!

Proud Winner
Fractal Design Case 1.jpg
Fractal Design Case 1.jpg (122.84 KiB) Viewed 20984 times
Case Interior
Fractal Design Case 2.jpg
Fractal Design Case 2.jpg (127.88 KiB) Viewed 20984 times
Behind the Mobo
Fractal Design Case 3.jpg
Fractal Design Case 3.jpg (123.85 KiB) Viewed 20984 times
Edit: resized/resampled for lower res viewers ;)
Last edited by Kaos Kid on Mon May 28, 2012 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Nice.

I'm currently using a low res monitor and it wasn't showing the full picture.
For a moment there I thought the case was waayy bigger :lol:
Big_Fractal.JPG
:)
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

I have the exact case here and it's built like a tank. The two side panels nearly weigh more than some entire cases.
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Kaos Kid wrote:Hey All

The case came in last week, but I've had a hectic time with the kids out of school so I was just now able to get it unpacked to take a looky-loo. When it arrived I was a tad disappointed to see "Titanium Grey" marked on the outside of the box, but when I unpacked it today it did indeed have the Black Pearl finish, and it is beautiful in its simplicity. The finish looks a lot like my piano black Antec Sonata case that houses my LRoom general purpose rig, just a lot bigger! While not as big as my CM Sniper case that holds my 1100T, it is still a full sized case and weighs about 40lbs out of the box. It doesn't fit into my upstairs computer armoire depth-wise so I will have to put it aside for the time being until I can figure out what to do with it. It is made for low noise levels so it would be perfect for the upstairs but the wifey says until I can mod the armoire to make it fit with the door closed I have to keep it out of sight. Its a shame too because like I said it is simplistic in exterior design so other than its size it wouldn't look any more out of place in the Living Room than my Sonata does. She will NOT let me put it on the floor though. Wives just don't understand ](*,)

Thanks again Legit Reviews and Fractal Design!!!

Proud Winner
Fractal Design Case 1.jpg
Case Interior
Fractal Design Case 2.jpg
Behind the Mobo
Fractal Design Case 3.jpg
Edit: resized/resampled for lower res viewers ;)
Nice man, Congrats! Let's get some parts in that sucker!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

sweet, glad it got there and glad the color situation worked out. Thanks for being understanding when you thought it was the wrong color. Not everyone would say hey, it's free and I'm just happy to win it. People like you is why I do these contests. Not the ones that complain about how long it takes to get their free winnings or that the box had a ding in it.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

O:) ...you are too kind :lol:

And it is helpful folks like the ones here that give tech sites a good name, and keep my from losing my sanity when I need advice or hit a snag (which is often #-o ). Thanks again for all you do Nathan (and the entire staff, of course), and for the great members that are always ready to help.

Legit Reviews ROCKS! =D> \:D/ :supz: \:D/ =D>