Patriot Viper Xtreme Division 2 2400MHz Memory Kit Giveway!

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Patriot Viper Xtreme Division 2 2400MHz Memory Kit Givew

Post by Darkstar »

never had a problem with contest until Facebook became a requisite.......

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

+1
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

Anyone claim these two prizes yet?
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

Darkstar wrote:never had a problem with contest until Facebook became a requisite.......

:drinkers:
also +1

They're doing it wrong anyway.

E. Promotions

ii. Promotions on Facebook must include the following:
a. A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
b. Acknowledgment that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
c. Disclosure that the participant is providing information to [disclose recipient(s) of information] and not to Facebook.
iii. You must not condition registration or entry upon the user taking any action using any Facebook features or functionality other than liking a Page, checking in to a Place, or connecting to your app. For example, you must not condition registration or entry upon the user liking a Wall post, or commenting or uploading a photo on a Wall.
iv. You must not use Facebook features or functionality as a promotion’s registration or entry mechanism. For example, the act of liking a Page or checking in to a Place cannot automatically register or enter a promotion participant.
v. You must not use Facebook features or functionality, such as the Like button, as a voting mechanism for a promotion.
vi. You must not notify winners through Facebook, such as through Facebook messages, chat, or posts on profiles (timelines) or Pages.
http://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines ... guidelines
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I guess we should just stop giving stuff away then.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Apoptosis wrote:I guess we should just stop giving stuff away then.
On Facebook: The answer in YES!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

vbironchef wrote:
On Facebook: The answer in YES!
These contests are being a hassle again. No one is happy and everyone wants to gripe.

Not sure I will be doing any contests anymore.

I might just do major giveaways once a year or something.
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

That sounds good. Who needs the hassle of Facebook anyway. Legit Reviews stands on its own without some gimmick.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

vbironchef wrote:That sounds good. Who needs the hassle of Facebook anyway. Legit Reviews stands on its own without some gimmick.
Not a gimmick...

It's the #2 traffic driver to the site behind Google.
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I started a poll to see what everyone thinks. Apoptosis, you can't have it both ways. Either you like facebook or you don't. Make up your mind. I think Facebook is a big waste of time and effort. Not to mention all the privacy issues.
OregonSlacker
Legit User
Legit User

Post by OregonSlacker »

I enjoyed the contests on facebook,
however just a little more forethought is required, such as requesting a email address or forum name to contact the winner.

The reason why facebook doesn't want you notifying winners via there system is because
its not foolproof and some messages do not get sent, or get lost and they don't want to be responsible.

I'm sorry this has been a frustration for the admins, I do appreciate the hard work and efforts that go into these contests.

Thanks for all your efforts guys.
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

I think we're just saying you need to figure out a better way. You're not the first to figure out Facebook is a machine to drive web (bot) traffic, but in the real world disliking something is just as valid a viewpoint as liking something. Quite a few established members and sophisticated web users are saying they dislike Facebook with the passion of 1000 burning suns. Don't shoot the messenger. The only way to avoid any negativity would be to go full Facebook, but take my humble advice: Never go full Facebook.
Apoptosis wrote:I've sent messages to 5 people on Facebook and no one is getting back to me...

Going to send another today...

No one has claimed the Biostar board either... I think I am up to 6 on that one. I stopped posting winners on Facebook till they confirm... If I didn't do that I'd be spamming with winners that enter yet never claim. A few people I can't get in touch with because on FB they have the policies so tight you can't message them.
This has to be telling you something.
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Eunoia, the real problem isn't so much facebook (yeah it does suck), it is that people "drive by" just to enter the contest and then don't actually visit the site for anything else besides that. It's simple, all they have to do is set their profile here on Legit Reviews to notify them that there has been activity on the giveaways thread, and they can then see that their name has been drawn. Honestly, I don't feel sorry for those that missed out, since they were never really here in the first place. They don't know what they are missing, since the prizes are the least of it. People come for the chance to win, but the goal is we really hope that they stick around for the community.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Kaos Kid wrote:Eunoia, the real problem isn't so much facebook (yeah it does suck), it is that people "drive by" just to enter the contest and then don't actually visit the site for anything else besides that. It's simple, all they have to do is set their profile here on Legit Reviews to notify them that there has been activity on the giveaways thread, and they can then see that their name has been drawn. Honestly, I don't feel sorry for those that missed out, since they were never really here in the first place. They don't know what they are missing, since the prizes are the least of it. People come for the chance to win, but the goal is we really hope that they stick around for the community.
Amen
Follow Me on Twitter!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Kaos Kid wrote:Eunoia, the real problem isn't so much facebook (yeah it does suck), it is that people "drive by" just to enter the contest and then don't actually visit the site for anything else besides that. It's simple, all they have to do is set their profile here on Legit Reviews to notify them that there has been activity on the giveaways thread, and they can then see that their name has been drawn. Honestly, I don't feel sorry for those that missed out, since they were never really here in the first place. They don't know what they are missing, since the prizes are the least of it. People come for the chance to win, but the goal is we really hope that they stick around for the community.
+1
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

slugbug wrote:Anyone claim these two prizes yet?
Same question....
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Don't know if I could have said it better.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

Apoptosis wrote: Amen
camaroguy1998 wrote: +1
InspectahACE wrote: Don't know if I could have said it better.
It's like Facebook in here.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Facebook is getting hammered today in the stock market. Looks like FB will end up being another myspace. Once advertising gets involved in social networking it's doomed. Something else always comes around sooner or later.

At the stock market close today 7/16/2012 FB was down:

-2.47 dollars or (-8.06%)

Ouch!
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

How many people here use Twitter? That might be an alternative.