LR Turns 10 - 10 Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD Giveaway

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Augestflex
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: LR Turns 10 - 10 Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD Giveaway

Post by Augestflex »

Congrats on the new drive!
Aoshi
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Aoshi »

Looks awesome! I'm jealous!
brickman61
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by brickman61 »

I received my V300 a few days ago. It's my first SSD, I can't wait to see how much faster it is than my Seagate 500GB HDD. Hopefully I'll have some time to install it this weekend.

Thanks again LR and Kingston! :supz:
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

I got mine last week and finally got to install Win7 on it. So far Win7 loads faster than it did on my SATA II drive, but I've not installed everything I normally have yet. Currently loading Comodo, Malwarebytes, Peerblock, and the Ralink adapter for internet in under a minute. I still have to read up on it to see if there is something else I need to do pertaining to an SSD, I only formatted it and cloned my previous install using the included wizard but didn't really do anything else so if there is proprietary software I would still need to install that. I've been struggling with constant disconnects on that damned router I got last month so a lot of time has been wasted on it that could have been used more productively.

Thanks again Kingston and Legit Reviews for a great prize that I couldn't afford to get otherwise!

Here is a screenie of a crystalmark I ran, my speeds were VASTLY slower than Joe's in his review, possibly due to the Z77 test system whereas I'm using a long in the tooth B555 BE/4cores @ 3.2Ghz, 4Ghz of DDR3-1600 memory on a 785G board.

crystalmark.jpg
crystalmark.jpg (119.46 KiB) Viewed 79918 times
crystalmark--LRreview.jpg
crystalmark--LRreview.jpg (90.99 KiB) Viewed 79918 times
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah, it will be a tad lower with an OS on it. For example I used the V300 120GB SSD in my Mini-ITX build guide here - http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2096/1/

It was getting 440MB/s read and 172MB/s write with the OS in CDM. In ATTO it was showing 550MB/s read and 530MB/s write.

Looking at your scores it looks like you are on an older platform with a SATA II interface to boot... That will really kill performance. Now you can see that old AMD 785G board is really holding you back!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Apoptosis wrote: Looking at your scores it looks like you are on an older platform with a SATA II interface to boot... That will really kill performance. Now you can see that old AMD 785G board is really holding you back!
^^this
Joe
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Also keep in mind that the results in CrystalDiskMark depend on the data set used. See the attached picture.

Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

FZ1 wrote:
Apoptosis wrote: Looking at your scores it looks like you are on an older platform with a SATA II interface to boot... That will really kill performance. Now you can see that old AMD 785G board is really holding you back!
^^this
Yeah looks like I need to have a massive extra parts selloff so I can get a newer platform. I was so hyped to upgrade my upstairs all purpose box that I forgot it wouldn't take advantage of SATAIII/6Gbs. My downstairs ASUS 890GX box with the 1100Tx6 does, but it is only used for videditing. If I would have been thinking ahead back then I would have gotten a mATX board for the Thuban, then I could move it upstairs but upstairs has no room for a full ATX tower--I still have the Fractal Design Case I won in the box, haven't been able to use or sell it--maybe time for a deep discount? ;)
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

Any updates on a possible redraw?
altereDad
Legit User
Legit User

Post by altereDad »

slugbug wrote:Any updates on a possible redraw?
Got a feeling others responded already.
Augestflex
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Augestflex »

I'm looking at updating to a new MB, stuck with SATA II transfer speeds myself. Nice to see the scores though!!