WARNING! Anyone Selling Parts Must Read!!!

Buy, sell, or trade with other members. feel free to post anything you have or need.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

This was posted by Godsmack74 in the Anandtech Forums:
Quote:
This is a new and recent trend thats spreading where a buyer contacts you trying to purchase your laptop/desktop, etc and wants you to run FRAPS on your PC to benchmark it. They kindly give you a link to a registered version of FRAPS and tell you to run it. DO NOT DOWNLOAD! This will install a trojan on your PC that is also a keylogger and attempts to get your paypal password etc.
See a thread regarding this:
I was contacted in several forums about this by members wanting me to run this program, dont fall for it.
Guywithnocommonsense
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: WARNING! Anyone Selling Parts Must Read!!!

Post by Guywithnocommonsense »

Wow, nice find - I can't possibly fall for that even if they tried, as I've already got my own licensed copy of fraps! :P Who's got the last laugh now? hahaha :lol:
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I hate thief scum. I would just kill them if it was permitted. Thiefs in the middle ages were publicaly executed. That had some deterrence.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
richardsrobinso8
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by richardsrobinso8 »

Guywithnocommonsense wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:14 am Wow, nice find - I can't possibly fall for that even if they tried, as I've already got my own licensed copy of fraps! :P Who's got the last laugh now? hahaha :lol: kirksrenovations.org
Good for you the. How I wish I am already a member of this forum so I am fully aware before I got the victim to this kind of modus. :evil:
adamscott
Legit User
Legit User

Post by adamscott »

richardsrobinso8 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:09 am
Guywithnocommonsense wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:14 am Wow, nice find - I can't possibly fall for that even if they tried, as I've already got my own licensed copy of fraps! :P Who's got the last laugh now? hahaha :lol: st paul gutter guard installation Sump Pump Installation
Good for you the. How I wish I am already a member of this forum so I am fully aware before I got the victim to this kind of modus. :evil:
:lol: