Dell Dm051 problem.

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
mendi89
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Dell Dm051 problem.

Post by mendi89 »

Ok i have a dell dm051 and i did a system restore and after that it would take me to safe mode options the i would start normally or any other option and i would get bsod for all of them so i downloaded win.xp.sp3 to clean but nothing happens theres a _ in the top left corner and does nothing, ive tried and post this in other forums but im not getting much help hope somebody can help me thanks.
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Dell Dm051 problem.

Post by pwcmed »

You probably not getting help because you're not explaining yourself very well. Let me see If i can take my decoder ring out. You reloaded your computer with a restore disc that your computer came with. After it finished restoring you computer it would blue screen and restart to the safe mode options. You selected all of them with no help. You then downloaded a copy of XP SP3 that would not boot.

Look to see if you turned on AHCI for SATA interface in the BIOS. I'm guess the the restore disc is an image and loading the regular ide drivers or AHCI. I bet that you are having issues with the SATA settings.Try Memtestx86 too to test your memory. That copy of windows that you downloaded from a torrent site was probably corrupt or not burnt properly. Find a better copy or you can use virtual box to try to boot of it. Can you snap a shot of the blue screen, I know sometimes it's quick but that would help.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Dell Dm051 problem.

Post by bubba »

I have the same dell, well several here at work.

With what you have described something is not working right. With the Dell restore set up there are two disks. 1 is green or purple for the OS (depends on the service pack level) and one is blue. The 2nd is a blue disk, this is the driver disk, this has all the drivers needed for your system, ie chipset, video, LAN, ect..

In safe mode install the drivers, then reboot, if when you do this and still get the BSOD when booting into normal XP then there is bad hardware in the system. Then the process starts to find the bad part(s).
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson