What type of hard drive for Asus P5GD2?

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
jiffypop
Legit User
Legit User

What type of hard drive for Asus P5GD2?

Post by jiffypop »

I'm building my own PC for the first time. I've just bought a used Asus P5GD2 Premium mobo (as reviewed here: http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=162&pid=4), but I'm not sure what kind of hard drive to buy (I'll be using eBay). Thanks for any help!
zepper
Legit User
Legit User

Post by zepper »

That mobo is definitely gross overkill for most users. And since you didn't provide much in the way of info as to what your purposes are, one can't reall make any kind of specific recommendation. But right now the sweet spot re. performance/dollar is in the 160-250GB range. I'd buy the latest generation of Hitachi in that size range for speed or Samsung for silence. I'd probably go with SATA for the cleaner cabling, but I might go with PATA as you can almost steal them these days after rebate.
. I'd check the Sunday circulars too as the big box stores always have hot deals after rebate(s).

.bh.

Here, have a :drinkers: !
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine.
zachig
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by zachig »

I would definitely choose Maxtor HD with a capacity of 160-200GB.

I think that Maxtor HDs are well made and pretty durable, but this is only MY opinion.

Anyway, GOOD LUCK.