System Reserved Partitions After Acronis Clone

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

System Reserved Partitions After Acronis Clone

Post by Sparky »

After performing a clean install of Windows 7 and getting my programs and settings the way I like it, I cloned my HD using Acronis that came from Western Digitals website. I cloned it twice because I had two spare drives install on my PC but upon reboot I now show extra drives which are listed as "System Reserved" with just under 30mb in each (hidden files that I can't see?).

Under Disk Management I see they are part of each hard drive listed as "healthy and active".

So how did they get here? Can I delete and merge them?

I don't think I've even encountered this before when I've cloned a HD.
Attachments
's.JPG
Disk Management.JPG
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
FZ1

Re: System Reserved Partitions After Acronis Clone

Post by FZ1 »

Win 7 always creates this 100MB partition but I'm not sure why extra parts are showing up on the other drives.
Joe
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

Thanks FZ1, I'd read that someplace but hadn't seen it until after I cloned my HD. It really doesn't affect anything, more of a visual annoyance for me.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

You can go to drive manager and remove the drive letters for them so they don't show up
Joe
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

Are they accessible?

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

Thanks again FZ1, I'll give that a try when I get home tongiht. I didn't know I could remove drive letters to hide a drive. I prefer my drive letters be in sequence (C,D,E - HD's followed by CD/DVD drives) so I'll just change the drive letters when I'm all done.

In response to Darkstar, yes, I can access the drives, even with show hidden files and folders checked, I can't see anything in them but they show they each have about 30 mb of data and when I click on them to virus scan them it shows they have files inside.
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

well, as mentioned Windows 7 always creates that partition...for the boot and winPE files.
lwt us know how it goes.....

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

I'll give it a try tongiht and post the outcome.

FZ1, under disk management when I right click the drive like I'm going to change the drive letter do I select the "remove" option in order to get rid of the drive letter? This only hides the drives?
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Right click on the partition and choose "change drive letter and paths..." then choose "remove". The partition will still exist but just not show up in the OS as an available drive.
Joe
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

Thanks for all the help guys.

Worked fine, now I only see my actual HD's, not the additional partitions. I knew how to change drive letters but I wasn't exactly sure what would happened if I hit "remove".