Corsair Force Extended Capacity Series SSD

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Corsair Force Extended Capacity Series SSD

Post by Apoptosis »

I recently got my hands on some Corsair Force Extended Capacity Series SSD retail prices that I thought I'd share with you. These are prices for the the new drives with less over-provisioning that were just announced on May 20th. The Force Series F60, F120, and F240 SSDs are expected to be available in June, 2010, from Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. You can read the full press release here. The pricing on their new higher density drives is significantly less than their current offerings. The lowest price I can find a Corsair Force 120GB drive for was $409.99. The new larger capacity drive (with less over-provisioning and the same performance) is said to retail for just $339. This is a rather large price drop and to top it all off the drive has a 20GB larger storage space! Very interesting if you are looking for a SandForce powered SSD. Corsair is also one of only a couple companies that have unlocked 4K random write performance! It looks like Corsair is going to get really competitive in the SSD market here in the weeks to come.

60GB - $189.00 - CSSD-F60GB2-BRKT
100GB - $409.99 - CSSD-F100GB2-BRKT
120GB - $339.00 - CSSD-F120GB2-BRKT
200GB - $719.99 - CSSD-F200GB2-BRKT
240GB - $629.00 - CSSD-F240GB2-BRKT

Note: 60GB, 120GB and 240GB pricing based off what I was told by Corsair for Retail pricing. The 100GB and 200GB pricing came from Google Shopping.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
RARobbins
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Corsair Force Extended Capacity Series SSD

Post by RARobbins »

I was wondering what anyone has heard as far as a failure rate on these Corsairs SSD's. I recently purchased 6 of the F40's. These do have the SandForce (1200 ?) controller and I was impressed initially with the speed. I have just had the 3rd one tank in just over a month. One just came back , with two still to exchange.

I have a good number of SSD in my area of about 1200 workstations and notebooks. Transcend, Pqi, Patriot, Corsair, Mushkin, OCZ, IBM, might even have a RiData hanging out there.. Depends on what sale price was going and how desperate a particular department is to try and salvage the old age equipment we have. Up until now I have only had issue with Patriot PS-100. Someone rushed out and bought us about 15 of these. Four have been returned. Five if you count the last replacement that was DOA, and still to go back. (Fortunately, I didnt have a burned user on that one.) The only thing I can say good about it is that they respond faster than Corsair, and send 64G replacements for the sake of expediency I surely dont need the extra work and OCZ (w/SandForce controller) will be my future SSD of choice until they give me cause.

Interestingly, Micron is/was a big player here in Boise and I had been hoping to talk them out of a couple (CM300) samples to put in our mix, but its not to be. They have started to become price competitive, and maybe I will get one on order, but I have only read about their Marvel controller.

Comments, anyone?

R.A.Robbins
ITSD System Technician
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Corsair Force Extended Capacity Series SSD

Post by Apoptosis »

What was the model number on the ones that failed? What was the system model number they were in? Also, how did they fail or what are they doing?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!