OCZ Releases SandForce Firmware v1.10 (SF MP2 Firmware)

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

OCZ Releases SandForce Firmware v1.10 (SF MP2 Firmware)

Post by Apoptosis »

Last week during a meeting with SandFore we found out that they were ready to release Mass Production Firmware Version 2 (MP2) for their SandForce controllers and that their customers would soon be getting it. By the time we got back from Taiwan companies like OCZ already had the firmware posted up to their site. We wanted to try it out before we posted it up to our readers, so last night we gave it a try on our ASUS K42F notebook and it worked without being destructive.
ocz_sf_update.jpg
ocz_sf_update.jpg (41.84 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
ocz_sf_update2.jpg
ocz_sf_update2.jpg (157.23 KiB) Viewed 3658 times

If you need it check this out from OCZ:
This updater covers all OCZ Sandforce based drives, this includes Agility2, Vertex2, LE. Agility2E, Vertex2E etc, DO NOT worry that it says LE in the file name, it works with all our Sandforce based drives.

Grab the file here

Use this short guide...http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum ... post507938 Remember to point the update tool at the 1.10 package also.

Remember this update is for within windows ONLY, it will work from a Vista or win7 32bit install disk or recovery disk also (running from the cmd.exe window).
Also remember is works best in AHCI mode, if you have any problems post on the forum BUT also please use the search function to make sure the problem was not addressed with FW update 1.05. Also some MAC users were able to update within BOOTCAMP to FW1.05, this should be the same with 1.10 as it uses the same update tool.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: OCZ Releases SandForce Firmware v1.10 (SF MP2 Firmware)

Post by gwolfman »

I don't like how they keep everything so secret... oh well.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

gwolfman wrote:I don't like how they keep everything so secret... oh well.
yeah, you and me both...

I had an hour long talk with SandForce at Computex and they refused to talk about their firmware updates other than letting us know MP2 was coming... Pretty sad really.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Post by skier »

the less informed everyone is, the less likely it is that a firmware version that bricks drives spreads significantly(and won't get as much heat from the media from it if only hundreds of people got it than if its advertised and thousands of people use it)

if only data storage/drives weren't so fragile...
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups