Clear Western Digital Raptor Hard Drive Picture

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clear Western Digital Raptor Hard Drive Picture

Post by Apoptosis »

I got a chance to take a look at the new clear Western Digital Raptor Hard Drive today. Expect more pictures and a feature on it later today. I just wanted to show a picture before dinner. Oh yeah it's $350 BTW
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

:yikes:
HOLY FRICKIN' CRAP!!!! That is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The price is outragous, but it is still frickin' awesome! I think I would just let my antivirus do a system scan all day long just so I could watch the thing twitch and whir lol :lol:

Oh man, I so want one of these! DAMN
Yeah, really cool...

Did I mention that I want one? :rolleyes: :drinkers:
Pooreone
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Pooreone »

I would never pay that much but it is sweet looking.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

:drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I want 5 of em
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Just a tad over priced I guess, but they are sweet looking.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

looks like a modder's dream come true :)
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

audiophile wrote:looks like a modder's dream come true :)
yes but for the price :evil:
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

you know its sad, i dont think it costs that much more to add the HD space and add the clear window. but that is ok, people like me and you and us want it and would almost pay for it. LOL
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I don't understand why they have to allways get so greedy. if it would cost half as much, then everybody would be buying it and WD would also make much more profit. this way it will be only for few and this is bad for us and bad for them :(
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

sbohdan wrote:I don't understand why they have to allways get so greedy. if it would cost half as much, then everybody would be buying it and WD would also make much more profit. this way it will be only for few and this is bad for us and bad for them :(
Yeah, but there must still be enough people buying them at the high prices to make them happy... At least for right now :(
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

sbohdan wrote:I don't understand why they have to allways get so greedy. if it would cost half as much, then everybody would be buying it and WD would also make much more profit. this way it will be only for few and this is bad for us and bad for them :(
WD can almost charge what they want...WD have the only 10K rpm sata drive..
Seagate/Maxtor are big in the SCSI market....If they compete with WD in SATA then they will cause SCSI customers to buy SATA (SCSI is now ~ the same price now :shock: )

WD are now threatening Seagate and Maxtor in the 10K rpm SCSI market with a SATA drive :shock:.....
The only thing stopping people switching is reliability and of course "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

The raptor, until now was a enterprise product.....