Corsair SSD - SMART Warnings

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Corsair SSD - SMART Warnings

Post by Major_A »

Should I be worried? Should I contact Corsair to try and setup a RMA? The cache drive experiment has been a disaster from day 1. I don't know if it's the PC I put the drive in (old P35 chipset) or if the NVELO (now Samsung) software is the culprit.

But then I run different apps and I get different results.

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Corsair SSD - SMART Warnings

Post by Apoptosis »

I'd ask for a refund to be honest. Corsair already discontinued all the Cache drives (about 2-3 months ago). SSD Cache drives aren't worth it.

It looks like your drive likely has a bad sector that has been remapped. Not ideal.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Refund is likely a no-go, purchased from the Egg on 5-18-12. I'll contact the RAMGuy over at Corsair to see what he says. Thanks for the help.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Well, what good is another one going to do for you?

1) It didn't work right for you
2) It is failing with just 7 months of use
3) Corsair discontinued them due to a number of reasons

I'd be calling Corsair and asking for a refund 1-888-222-4346
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I'm waiting on their email response. If I don't find what they say satisfactory to me then I'll give them a call. As far as I'm concerned they can wipe my NVELO license off the face of the planet.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

From tech support:
HD Tune Pro doesn't work well with our SSDs and the AIDA64 message shows no signs for concern. Our SSD's have overprovisioning built in to help with the endurance of the drives so as cells go bad, the controller will automatically allocate it so you do not lose storage space or data.
*EDIT*
I responded in kind to this statement and it took them a couple days to pass the buck.
You Here's my main concern. I've had this drive since May and in that time I have used it for a total of 3 weeks. The Nvelo software is just bad and the drive never really helped speed up my system. A few weeks ago I tried to install Windows directly to the SSD but it would not happen, hence why I ran some SMART tests. To be blunt the entire setup is useless to me. I know you can't control what Samsung does with their software but do you know if they ever plan on releasing updated software for people that are using the now defunct Nvelo software?
Technical Support Actually Stephen, if you contact [email protected], they can actually help you diagnose what is wrong with your system with a Teamviewer session. Have you tried contacting them to do so?