Crucial MX100 512GB for my boot drive

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
KnightRid

Crucial MX100 512GB for my boot drive

Post by KnightRid »

Well I bought one and figured i would run CrystalDiskMark on it. This is my boot drive and the only things I moved off of it, due to it only being 512GB rather than 1TB like my original drive, were the user folders.
Speed
Speed
CrystalMark.JPG (48.8 KiB) Viewed 23641 times
It seems to be decent and I could not beat the $200 price point! Only thing I do not like is Crucial doesn't seem to have a dedicated program to check firmware, trim, over-provisioning....etc

I imagine it would be a little faster if it was not my boot drive but it seems pretty good to my uneducated self :mrgreen:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
FZ1

Re: Crucial MX100 512GB for my boot drive

Post by FZ1 »

Look for our review of this very soon!
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:Only thing I do not like is Crucial doesn't seem to have a dedicated program to check firmware, trim, over-provisioning....etc
There is no excuse for that. Micron/Crucial is huge and have the ability to do this more so than OCZ, Corsair and others.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:
KnightRid wrote:Only thing I do not like is Crucial doesn't seem to have a dedicated program to check firmware, trim, over-provisioning....etc
There is no excuse for that. Micron/Crucial is huge and have the ability to do this more so than OCZ, Corsair and others.
100% agree. Just makes no sense to have to keep manually checking for firmware updates or have to get other software to do things the manufacturer should include software for.

Oh well, I am still happy with the performance 8)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: