Any advice for my Uncle. DVD-=nojoy.

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Kill_A._Byte
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Any advice for my Uncle. DVD-=nojoy.

Post by Kill_A._Byte »

He can't seem to dvd-r to complete a burn. He can get a +r to burn full, but not a -r. He said he could b4 but now he can't. Do the lazers get tired after a while? He stated he has burned many many dvds. He has tried different dvd-r brands but still can't complete a burn. Any ideas I may pass along? Time for a new burner? He uses -r for friends with old dvd players that will not play +r.
Thanks 8)
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

well that is an odd problem.

1st - did he try the SAME media he used before to get a good burn? using the SAME software?

2nd - check for a bios update for the drive - manufacturer's website should have any if available.

3rd - is he finalizing the disc? sometimes the check bux gets un-ticked and I dont catch it for a while ( and that sux )

4th - dunno just wanted a 4th

Let me know, unless someone else answers ya first :)

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Kill_A._Byte
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Kill_A._Byte »

Thatk You,
It is an odd problem. He came over the other day and saw all my computer stuff and started asking Questions. I'm not sure, he may be trying to test me. :roll: I'll see him next week, so I'll mass all this info together and bombard him with it. He says everything is updated. Not sure if he did a firmware upgrade. people make littlie changes to there rigs all the time and don't think they are related to problems that arise. I wonder if it's DRM related...but only -r :dunno:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Sounds like incompatible media!
Try updating the firmware

Also you can try uninstalling Nero (or which ever software you use), then uninstalling the drive from device manager
after reboot reinstall the software (the drive will reinstall automatically)

Make sure no new drives were added to the system too....if so make sure the dvd drive is on it's own cable......