The wife's pictures

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
sbjlsmtj
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

The wife's pictures

Post by sbjlsmtj »

The wife takes lots of pictures, I'm talking gigs worth of pictures. Is it slowing the system down? One of my buddy says yes because it has to go thru the pictures to find data to pull for whatever program you want to run, my other buddy says no, it just fills up your hard drive but doesn't slow your computer. Well both sound reasonable, which is it? Should I get a seperate HD or an external HD for pictures? Of if I'm not having storage amount problems, should I just let it go? Thanks for any input.
NZXT Tempest Case with Ultra X3 1000w PS...............Velociraptor 300gb HD
Intel Core i7 920......................................................12 gb Corsair DDR-3 1333 Dominator Ram
Asus P6T Deluxe MB..................................................Asetek CPU Liquid Cooling
EVGA GTX295 Video..................................................Vista Home Prem 64
40" Toshiba Monitor
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

As long as you keep the drive defragged it shouldn't really make a difference. I'd archive them on DVD in case your HDD craps out on ya. :)
Joe
sbjlsmtj
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Thanks for the reply

Post by sbjlsmtj »

Ok, Thanks for the info. We were thinking of loading them to cd and we will, I'm just glad I don't have to buy another HD LOL. Thanks again.
NZXT Tempest Case with Ultra X3 1000w PS...............Velociraptor 300gb HD
Intel Core i7 920......................................................12 gb Corsair DDR-3 1333 Dominator Ram
Asus P6T Deluxe MB..................................................Asetek CPU Liquid Cooling
EVGA GTX295 Video..................................................Vista Home Prem 64
40" Toshiba Monitor