SATA DVD Question

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Ted_61
Legit User
Legit User

SATA DVD Question

Post by Ted_61 »

I am attempting to connect 2 additional DVD drives to my machine using the blue SATA connectors. I realize these are specifically made for a RAID config, but, figure they will work for me somehow. I hate to reformat, btw, so I'm hoping a fix is possible without destroying my C drive. The black SATA sockets are all taken with backup hard drives which I can change without any trouble. If I reconnect the DVD drives to the black SATA sockets and displace 2 of my back up drives to the blue sockets and configure them to a RAID array (I'm not an expert as you can guess), should this work? I have disabled the secondary SATA function in the bios figuring I can then configure the SATA blue sockets after the switch mentioned earlier. I am completely open to any other suggestions. Btw, I am already using 2 IDE sockets for 2 other DVD drives. My new DVD drives are SATA since I could only use 2 IDE drives. Thanks to anyone helping.
Ted
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Can you change to configuration in your BIOS from RAID to BASE ( or something similiar ) ?

I know on this Gigabyte I can change my RAID to act the same as regular IDE or SATA connectors, basically giving me more drives I can add with no RAID.

Mike

I hope that helps at least a little bit.

Secondary SATA function disabled - that confuses me too :) dont you need the primary and secondary enabled to use the black and blue connectors?
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Kalko
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Kalko »

It will work just fine. All mobos have disable for the raid option default.